Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

White cars with dark tint?

Old 12-01-2002 | 06:36 PM

In my opinion, tinting the windows of any vehicle, of any colour, is a definite improvement; white, in fact, would be up there for looking the best with a nice dark tint.
Both my Accent and Elantra are Hyundai's "silver mist" colour. The Accent looked twice as good with dark windows, I haven't had a chance to have them done on the Elantra, seeing as I've only had it for 5 days.
Which reminds me, one of my buddies told me that getting a tint job done in the winter isn't a good idea, since the colder temperature means the application doesn't take as well to the window surface. Does any body know whether or not there's is any truth to that?
Old 12-02-2002 | 05:24 AM

ELANTRAVISION:
Which reminds me, one of my buddies told me that getting a tint job done in the winter isn't a good idea, since the colder temperature means the application doesn't take as well to the window surface. Does any body know whether or not there's is any truth to that?
Yes, your buddy is right. What happens is the glue doesn't dry as fast, so you can be more prone to get bubbles or the tint shifting around, etc. It's usually best to do the tint on hot days or in the summer, because it cuts down on the time it takes the tint to cure to your window.

Average dry time in the summer is about 3 days. But in the winter when it's cold it can take more than a week or so to dry. So best get it done when the weather is warmer.
Old 12-02-2002 | 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Thanks for the pics... looks like I'll wait til spring or summer for the tinting (which is good cuz now I can buy something else for now)...