Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: Where should I mount the flag?
Far Left
14.29%
Center
28.57%
Far Right
57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Where To Put My Flag?

Old 02-09-2008 | 08:19 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ My uncle did LED lighting for gardens. You can use any type. It looks really cool. The trees and surroundings themselves become the lights if you position the LEDs right. Green LEDs for trees, red for brick, yellow and red for flowers, blue for water. Everything looks great when naturally lit by LEDs and things stand out more because you choose what you want highlighted.
Old 02-09-2008 | 08:19 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

if you put it in the center, you'll keep hearing noises. plus it's in the way. nice place though. flags here in md and va are always in the middle, but they're usually small.

i'm all with alli on this one.
Old 02-09-2008 | 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Want me to send that flag to my brother in Iraq? He could put it in one of the tanks and take it on patrol for you. I have one that I had flown on a combat mission in Afghanistan.
Old 02-09-2008 | 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

that would be cool, a battle hardened flag cool.gif

i voted for the right. looking from the street it seems kinda empty, it will catch the wind the best there; and alot of flags are put around the # plaque or w/e for the address
but if theres a normal spot aka. the center then it kinda belongs there fing02.gif
Old 02-09-2008 | 09:33 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

wow - that'd be pretty awesome java, I hadn't even considered something like that.

The wind blows from right to left 98% of the time, so it wouldn't bother the walkway really, and we always go in through the garage.

The LED lights are pretty nice, got 'em for like $20-25 or so from Sam's Club, either red, green, or white (3 LEDs with each color). I have 4 lamps. The picture makes the lights look more directed (circles) but they don't look like that in person. Notice how well they like up the wicker chairs on the porch... I could have 3 easily lighting up the flag (one under, one on each side). Also look at how WHITE the LEDs are, compared to the "white" front porch light shining from next door.

Attachment 388
I have one shining on each chair, one on the front door, and one on the garage (that one shines from about 15 feet away).. these would be within two or three feet of the flag, so it'd be LIT UP like a battle field with 9 close up LEDs
Old 02-09-2008 | 09:57 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Majik, I've said this before but I'll say it again, you have a beautiful home. fing02.gif
Old 02-09-2008 | 10:06 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

thanks bro - come to Nashville and I can find a good deal for you.

Cost of Living in Nashville is LOW!!
Old 02-09-2008 | 10:58 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

majik, definitely use white for the flag. Have you considered lining your brick with red and having green on the plants? 2 per bush would do you nicely. I could make up a few strings for you. My uncle taught me how he did it before he passed. He actually had large parks like Disney Land buying his products, and he arranged lighting systems for other local parks in california. You'd need a malibu lights power supply and I could make the strings of LEDs for you which would be able to be buried and directed at the plants. I'd be all about it if I had a house. Just PM me if you're interested.
Old 02-10-2008 | 12:25 AM

far right for sure!! on the other hand, how about on the roof lmao.gif
Old 02-10-2008 | 01:25 AM

For a second there, I though this thread was referring to my signature. Haha.

I say far right.