Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What are your thoughts on Zimmerman being found not guilty?

Old 07-15-2013 | 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Old 07-15-2013 | 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Old 07-15-2013 | 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Whats awesome is for some reason on my tablet i only see ????? No pics. Lol

I notice while watching US network tv, most people in the US seem a little surprized about the verdict.
Old 07-16-2013 | 11:32 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Pas, you either know nothing about the facts of the case or you're incredibly, scarily dense.

Yes, in any country that I know of if someone physically attacks you and is slamming your head into the concrete and you kill them in the middle of the attack you're justified. It's not about standing your ground, this is textbook self defense. If self defense doesn't apply in this case, there is no such thing as self defense.

Was it a wise choice for Zimmerman to follow Martin? Who effing cares? It's not ILLEGAL to observe someone on a public street. If you're observing an a**hole that comes up and punches you then starts pummeling you, please by all means shoot him. There is zero indication that any derogatory statements were made by Zimmerman or that he did anything to provoke the attack aside from walking near Martin. Even Derpina on the phone with Martin at the time backs that up.

Every single piece of physical evidence and witness testimony backs up Zimmerman's story right down to the damage to Martin's knuckles from violently beating Zimmerman.

When a detective lied and said the entire encounter was caught on video Zimmerman said "Oh thank God!". He also passed two lie detector tests.

Not to mention that Martin WAS involved with local burglaries (caught with stolen goods and a break in tool at school), had drugs in his system at the time of his death, was carrying ingredients to make "lean" - a cough syrup based drug cocktail, had damage to his organs consistent with prolonged abuse of "lean", talked about using "lean" on his Facebook, was allegedly a drug dealer (as backed up by posts on his own Facebook), and had a history of violence. This profiling was correct as f*ck. He was a sketchy motherf*cker and Zimmerman called it.
Old 07-16-2013 | 12:48 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
lotsa pics
Hey man, it's a free country.

Oh wait, the Canada still reports to the monarchy.
Old 07-16-2013 | 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

Not to jump in late here. But does anybody know if any action was taken between the two before it all went south? I never heard of conversation, comments or anything before it went to blows.

Also most of the pictures I have seen of the deceased are over 2 years old where he is a skinny kid. When actually he is much much bigger. I have no complaint about how this trail turned out.

My experience:

I saw a car at my neighbors house once late at night. I'm a car guy and I know EVERY car that comes in and out of the neighborhood. Called it in as suspicious because the car was running. Turned out owner had multiple felony warrants and was in the process of breaking into the house. Dude got caught and nothing was stolen from my neighbor. Some minor damage to the house.

I would suggest everybody here take a ride along in a cruiser sometime. Most of the time the officer sees something suspicious and looks into it, and it is nothing. But other times it is complete hell.
Old 07-16-2013 | 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Originally Posted by Tibbi
Oh wait, the Canada still reports to the monarchy.

Actually we don't. But thanks for coming out. I get the feeling from reading your posts you were dropped on your head as a child? Either that or you have some kind of mental disability. If you do, congrats on figuring out how to use the computer. Anyways......

Not to mention that Martin WAS involved with local burglaries (caught with stolen goods and a break in tool at school), had drugs in his system at the time of his death, was carrying ingredients to make "lean" - a cough syrup based drug cocktail, had damage to his organs consistent with prolonged abuse of "lean", talked about using "lean" on his Facebook, was allegedly a drug dealer (as backed up by posts on his own Facebook), and had a history of violence. This profiling was correct as f*ck. He was a sketchy motherf*cker and Zimmerman called it.

But at the time, Martin was doing nothing wrong. He was walking down the street. I just don't understand why Zimmerman HAD to get out of his car to go "investigate". I understand it's not illegal to get out of the car to go investigate but WTF was he investigating? I'm sure Zimmerman knew all about Martin's past crimes....???? Give me a break.

The way I see it is this -

Zimmerman (a.k.a the wanna be cop) while on his way to the store, see's a BLACK teen wearing a hoodie in his neighbourhood and automatically thinks he's breaking the law or up to no good. For some reason Zimmerman feels the need to go investigate. He stops his car, and gets out and proceeds to ask Martin (who is doing nothing wrong) what he's doing. Martin, like any other teen who is doing nothing wrong would respond with "fvck you!" Zimmerman gets upset and approaches Martin, Zimmerman proceeds to get his ass whipped. He realizes he's picked a fight he can't win and pulls his gun. Self defense? I don't think so. He started the fight / provoked Martin. I think what it comes down to is Zimmerman had the better lawyer so he got off.

I laugh when some of you guys try to tell me to GTFO or STFU when I give my opinion on a story like this. Just because I have a different opinion or view of something compared to you doesn't mean I'm automatically wrong. I am entitled to my own opinion. Isn't a forum like this suppose to a place for OPEN discussion? Is the hate just because I'm Canadian? I constantly hear you guys talk about your Constitution and the rights and freedoms it gives you. While, I hate to tell you this, but freedom of speech exists pretty well everywhere, including Canada, and unfortunately for you guys I'm allowed to make up my own mind and form my own opinions whether you agree with them or not.
Old 07-16-2013 | 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by pas1216
Actually we don't. But thanks for coming out. I get the feeling from reading your posts you were dropped on your head as a child? Either that or you have some kind of mental disability. If you do, congrats on figuring out how to use the computer. Anyways......
And I can still manage to come to the party with facts and figures.

But at the time, Martin was doing nothing wrong. He was walking down the street. I just don't understand why Zimmerman HAD to get out of his car to go "investigate". I understand it's not illegal to get out of the car to go investigate but WTF was he investigating? I'm sure Zimmerman knew all about Martin's past crimes....???? Give me a break.
So, there have been brake-ins recently in the neighborhood and he is on the watch committee. But wait, you cant stop the guy hiding his face, that's profiling. But if you shake down an old lady or a kid your a pervert. Find a mid 30's white guy to blame and you're a reverse racist. f*ck it, go home, drink a beer and let the entire neighborhood go to sh*t.

The way I see it is this -
Slanted, we see that already.

Zimmerman (a.k.a the wanna be cop)....

while on his way to the store, see's a BLACK teen wearing a hoodie in his neighbourhood and automatically thinks he's breaking the law or up to no good.
He was wearing a sweatshirt and obscuring his face, he may not have even known any race when he began the case. Just because he knew at the time of the phone call, doesn't mean he knew immediately. Now YOUR the racist.

For some reason Zimmerman feels the need to go investigate. He stops his car, and gets out and proceeds to ask Martin (who is doing nothing wrong) what he's doing. Martin, like any other teen who is doing nothing wrong would respond with "fvck you!" Zimmerman gets upset and approaches Martin,
Nothing illegal from either side yet.

Zimmerman proceeds to get his ass whipped.
There it is. I knew the altercation began somewhere! Zimmerman began kicking his own ass and Martin had to get involved.

You're hired as my lawyer.
Old 07-16-2013 | 08:29 PM

He realizes he's picked a fight he can't win and pulls his gun.
Yep, he called the defenseless little boy all kinds of nasty things, pushed him around and then you know what happens next, that nasty bitter racist sister-f*cking cracker went a shot the poor defenseless child 87 times. He reloaded at least twice.

Self defense?
Nope, based on the new evidence clearly he was a nasty bitter racist sister-f*cking mexican cracker

I don't think so.
Well, f*ck me! Case closed.

He started the fight / provoked Martin.
Yep, pulled the gun and just shot him until Martin was forced to beat his face into the dirt.

I think what it comes down to is Zimmerman had the better lawyer so he got off.
Again, case closed. It was a mistrial everyone!!

Riot and break things. Let take this back to 1992. Call Flavor Flav

I laugh when some of you guys try to tell me to GTFO or STFU when I give my opinion on a story like this.
You're rebutting a legal case with opinions rather than facts. Congratulations
Old 07-16-2013 | 08:34 PM

Someone needs to start a pool for how long this poostorm takes to