Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What are your thoughts on Zimmerman being found not guilty?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by pas1216
If Zimmerman was minding his own business instead of trying to be the neighbourhood watch, none of this would have happened. People need to learn to start minding their own damn business.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:19 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Sorry for having an opinion of my own. So instead of using emoticons, why not explain to me why Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin. I'm up for a discussion.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

If crimes like that happen in your neighbourhood, I would strongly suggest you move.
So it okay for you to generalize over the internet and assume some kind of demographic, but if someone genuinely concerned about the well being of his neighbors he's not allowed to even question whats happening?

Not too sure about you, but I would rather not have trigger happy idiots roaming around my neighbourhood thinking they are the law.
He never claimed to be the law, nor did he try to enforce the law. Did he place Martin under citizens arrest? Did he shoot him on sight? None of these are true. He called 911 and advised them of the situation, with right and reason. Anyone wearing a dark colored hooded sweat shirt at night in 70 degree weather (check the weather listings, the low was 69, and this happened around 10pm; the low would be achived in the early morning hours) is with an idiot or up to no good.

Martin was un-armed.
And how the f*ck what he supposed to verify this?

Zimmerman confronted him?
And got his ass beat. If old boy had left it at just an ass whopping they both would have walked away. Zimmerman would have learned not to be such a busy-body, and Martin would have lived. Martin went all captain roidrage on esse and thanks to a frankly wonderful "stand your ground" law, had every legal right to shoot. Don't like the laws? "I would strongly suggest you move." Oh wait, you don't even live in the country so you say means dickswallow.

So, has b*tching about it brought him back to life yet?

No?

Sound like we need more race-bating
Old 07-15-2013, 08:25 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Tibbi said it all. I live in a gated neighborhood, yet my truck was broken into. Would have been nice for one of my neighbors to seen and said something. Go back to your own little isolated world pas.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Why not explain to me why Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin.
Stand-your-ground_law
Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM

Wow guys what's with all the hate? I'm not arguing the verdict. What's done is done. What I'm questioning is WHY Zimmerman HAD to confront Martin? If you see someone walking in your community do you automatically assume they are up to no good? I see people walking in my community late at night and don't think twice about it. I just don't understand why he even bothered to stop the car and get out? What was Martin doing that was SO BAD that Zimmerman had to go investigate or confront him? I would have driven past and not given it a second thought.

If you start a fight with someone outside of a bar on a Saturday night and you end up getting your ass handed to you because the guy is trained in MMA your telling me it's okay to pull out your gun and shoot him? It's self defense right? Where I come from, you get up, beaten and bloody, and walk away. You lost. NOT shoot the guy. IMO that's a cowardly act.

Originally Posted by Tibbi
Anyone wearing a dark colored hooded sweat shirt at night in 70 degree weather (check the weather listings, the low was 69, and this happened around 10pm; the low would be achived in the early morning hours) is with an idiot or up to no good.

I wear hooded sweatshirts all the time. Even when it's somewhat mild out. Ever heard of having a cold or feeling sick? How about poor circulation? 70 degrees is not "hot" weather for some people. I fail to see how wearing a hoody is a crime. I guess that teenager wearing cut-off jean shorts and a shirt showing her belly is asking to be raped too? By your logic that must make sense.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If crimes like that happen in your neighbourhood, I would strongly suggest you move.

i guess you should start packing your bags

Ottawa police shoot young man on Orléans street

ill just quote the important parts

It is believed a young man jumped in front of a northbound Toyota Corolla, forcing the driver to a stop, then jumped on the hood of the car and smashed the windshield before clambering on to the roof of the car.

Sources said the young man was armed with a knife and was shot in the chest and one arm and was rushed to hospital in serious condition.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 PM

I actually live around the corner from where that happened. What that story failed to mention was that he was a mentally ill young man in his 20's. Nobody was hurt other than the subject and I think I remember hearing charges were not laid. I don't think we need to start comparing crime numbers between Canada and the US, and we both know why.

what happened with this Florida self-defense shooting??

http://www.businessinsider.com/flori...ng-shot-2012-5
Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

oh so crimes dont count if they are mentally ill.

gotcha.

all the hate is because a guy who doesnt even live in this country or abide by the laws of this country, constantly has to stick his nose into the affairs of this country and says people should just up and move. this is from the same person who called tibbi crazy for saying people who are starving should move.

in other words

Old 07-15-2013, 09:48 PM

People in third world Africa dont have some of the same choices people living in first world countries do. Not to mention he completly missed the point of the post he was replying to.

I find it hilarious that someone from a country famous for not minding their own business is telling me to stay out of it.