Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What are your thoughts on Zimmerman being found not guilty?

Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Accent
Default What are your thoughts on Zimmerman being found not guilty?

Alot of people seem to be all up in arms about it and pretty pissed off. Do you guys think the system failed or is he really not guilty?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Old 07-14-2013, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

The comments I keep seeing online are ridiculous. A lot of people have heard the evidence, some are just saying what they think is right. But the fact remains, none of us were there. Nobody here knows exactly what happened. Killing is wrong... absolutely correct. But, if you were in a situation where your life was in danger, and I mean seriously in danger. I bet most of us and even those preaching would probably do exactly what Zimmerman did.

Plus what's with all the comments about Zimmerman going to get his, and all this revenge talk I keep seeing?? It was wrong to kill Trayvon, but its ok to avenge his death by killing George?
Old 07-14-2013, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by Zekkal
The comments I keep seeing online are ridiculous. A lot of people have heard the evidence, some are just saying what they think is right. But the fact remains, none of us were there. Nobody here knows exactly what happened. Killing is wrong... absolutely correct. But, if you were in a situation where your life was in danger, and I mean seriously in danger. I bet most of us and even those preaching would probably do exactly what Zimmerman did.

Plus what's with all the comments about Zimmerman going to get his, and all this revenge talk I keep seeing?? It was wrong to kill Trayvon, but its ok to avenge his death by killing George?
Well said.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Everyone said the same about Casey Anthony after she was given the not guilty verdict and she has been living life just fine. Granted no one really know where she is but the same fate will most likely be the same for Zimmerman. Plus a lot of people donated thousands of dollars to him and his case, so he won't have anything to worry about for awhile.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Well, it appears that it is basically undisputed that Martin physically attacked Zimmerman. It is also obvious that Zimmerman was in the process of getting the everliving sh*t kicked out of him while Martin's only injury was the single gunshot.

You CANNOT SEE with your nose broken like Zimmerman's was. That is a fact and if you've ever had your nose broken you will understand that you're not going to be able to do anything except for literally blindly fire at a threat. If Martin was close enough to hit in one shot (sounds like likely he was physically on top of Zimmerman, but regardless) he was still presenting a huge threat.

This is one of the best cases of justified self defense that I've ever heard. Martin was killed in the act of attempted murder against Zimmerman. If Zimmerman had just wounded and stopped Martin, Martin would almost certainly have been charged and likely convicted of attempted murder.

It isn't illegal to follow someone on a public street. Using that excuse is the same as saying a rape victim should have worn less revealing clothing. If a violent attack came of following Martin, it's still Martin's fault because he escalated it to a physical confrontation.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The fact that this is even a debate means someone doesn't know how the criminal justice system works.

Originally Posted by Visionz
Everyone said the same about Casey Anthony after she was given the not guilty verdict and she has been living life just fine.
The difference is this became a racial and political shitstorm.

In fact, if it weren't for the anti-gun and anti-equality movement this would never have seen a court room or wasted the money nor time.

He shot a HUMAN BEING, not a "black" kid. Get the f*ck over yourselves. If Martin were any other complexion no one would even blink, its just another case of self defense. Instead it was an evil white devil (he was hispanic btw) shooting an innocent young black boy (he was walking around in the middle of the night, a visitor in the neighborhood, wearing a hooded sweatshirt in 70 degree weather and blood full of thc.)

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
is he really not guilty?

Well, I would say that's for a jury to decide. OH WAIT!! They did. End of story.

I'm sick and f*cking tired of people pretending CNN and Fox News are the court room. You weren't there, you don't know all of the evidence, and all of the testimony, you're making a bias decision based on a belief system.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

If Zimmerman was minding his own business instead of trying to be the neighbourhood watch, none of this would have happened. People need to learn to start minding their own damn business. The only people that know what truly happened are Zimmerman and Martin. Unfortunately we can only heard one side of the story.

Thank God I live in Canada.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by pas1216
If Zimmerman was minding his own business instead of trying to be the neighbourhood watch.

I think that is the most ignorant statement evee said on HA. And I know I've said some sh*t.

Lets get rid of the neighborhood watch programs altogether. Because no one cares if a sexual predator molests your neighbors kid, or the folks across the street get brutally murder, or if a bugler yonks all of the Jones' sh*t. Because not giving a damn about them makes my life safer when I'm asleep at night.

My neighbors are serious pieces of sh*t, but if I keep an eye out for them, they'll do the same. Its a simple f*cking concept.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Not too sure about you, but I would rather not have trigger happy idiots roaming around my neighbourhood thinking they are the law.

if a sexual predator molests your neighbors kid, or the folks across the street get brutally murder, or if a bugler yonks all of the Jones' sh*t.

If crimes like that happen in your neighbourhood, I would strongly suggest you move.

Statements given by Zimmerman have indicated that on the night of the shooting Zimmerman was in his vehicle on a personal errand when he noticed Martin walking beyond the gated fence inside the community. Statements read that Zimmerman then called the Sanford Police Department to report Martin's actions as suspicious, saying "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about" and "looking at all the houses", although according to a police report, there was "no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter". While still on the phone with the police dispatcher, Zimmerman exited his vehicle, and after concluding his telephone call with police, was involved in a violent encounter with Martin. The encounter ended with Zimmerman fatally shooting Martin with one shot to the chest.

Why did Zimmerman need to confront him? Was Martin seen breaking into a home? Was he raping someone? Was he armed and about to attack someone? No. He "looked like he was up to no good". Really? Yet it was seen as self-defense? Martin was un-armed. Zimmerman confronted him? I just don't understand.