Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What Has Your Car Been Mistaken For Before?

Old 07-27-2007 | 10:22 PM

From: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

Ive got the only RD2 in town and some guy thought it was a porsche
Old 07-28-2007 | 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Mostly older guys(50's and up) have no clue !!,the only crooked H is under the hood lol,At the last car show ,My wife heard a guy say"look what someone did to that POOR vette!" ha ha
Old 07-28-2007 | 06:07 PM

fast...02.gif
Old 07-28-2007 | 06:20 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Dude, that's why you need to supe it up. When a man (or in your case woman) does not like something, he (or she) makes it better.

Old 07-31-2007 | 08:25 PM

I'm working on it....starting with fixing my trany. fing02.gif
Old 07-31-2007 | 08:39 PM

wow, i didn't know this got to three pages. haha. i love the "speed limit..... suprize me" thing to.

oh and on the cop magnet...... definetly. i once went a 1/2 mile with the radar at 9(the highest possible) that means one or 2 cops down the interstate where trying to get me to go at least 6 over. lol, n00bs.
Old 08-01-2007 | 11:31 PM

I live in a super small town full of old people and idiots (haha).

I've gotten Honda, Acura Integra, and....

Just the other day I was delivering pizza and I was walking to my car and the guy goes "Oh I didn't know that was your car! My neighbor has the exact same one, same color, same everything." And I asked who his neighbor was and he told me and I said "Oh...he has...a Sunfire...."

His reaction-

"Ohhh yea! He has a Sunfire! Wait..Wha...what is... "
"It's a Tiburon"
"Ohhhh yea! A Tiburon! ...Oh..Yea! Wow! A Tiburon!"

Also:

"That thing is only a 4 banger, should swap the V-6 engine into it and bore it over"
"*Boomhauer sounding mumbling (from King of the Hill)* 350 engine bored to a 355 *mumbling*"
"Should have bought the GT version!"
"Those things are turbo'd! WOW!"
"The pizza shop must pay good for a car like that!"
"You must be making the big bucks!"
"I don't understand how you delivery guys all have such nice cars" (the other delivery drivers - A 30 yr old with a Nissan Frontier and a 20 yr old with an Eclipse)
Old 08-01-2007 | 11:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

HAHA...

yeh, last time I got Sunfire damnit. That's just silly but I could see where the lady was coming from.
Old 08-02-2007 | 12:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Couple nights ago a buddy of mine looked out the door to the bar and asked who's Mercedes was parked out front. He was surprised to know it was my Tib. Made me feel good.
Old 08-02-2007 | 01:13 AM

so a few weeks ago i was driving down a pretty busy street and there is quite a bit of traffic and i have all the wondows down and the sunroof back and listening to music, when all of a sudden a cop on a motorcycle pulls right up behind me and cuts a guy off. im thinkin "oh great what did i do this time?" and so he flips on his lights a lil ways down the road i pull into a small complex and he says "you were driving without a seatbelt! dont you know the law .... click it, or ticket!" so he writes me a ticket for $97.00 and hands it over to me leaving me with a final comment of "oh and keep your music down!" so i drive home and look the ticket over and the cop wrote that i was driving a 2000 RED MAZDA RX-8!!!! lol! so i go to my hearing and plead not guilty and bring my registration and stuff and say "that couldnt have been me he saw driving without a seatbelt. i dont drive a mazda RX-8, i drive a hyundai tiburon" so the judge looks it over and dismisses my ticket and im just thinkin in my head "God that cop is an idiot!" i mean its not hard to write down the right car because my license plate is "RUINER" so its not like he incorrectly entered it in the system and when he runs my plate it pulls up year make and model. so basically that cop is an idiot and ya my car has been mistaken for an rx-8 (long story short)