Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What do you think?

Old 09-22-2002 | 05:37 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

At my shop. I used to do all this stuff out of my 3 car garage, but now I have a good friend that put up some money to get a nice little wharehouse. He's sort of the co-owner of L & S Kustoms since he put in some cash to get the place. But when I move back home to Cali soon, he'll be the sole owner of it. We also have 2 other guys that work there as well. It's more or less a part time thing for me, because my full time job deals with music production. But for my partner, and the other 2 guys, it's their full time job pretty much. I go in on the weekends and sometimes at night during the week to do the real insane custom stuff like custom paint jobs, suspensions, shaving, molding, frenching, etc, etc, etc... My partner does the airbrushing and prep work for the insane stuff, and the other 2 guys do custom stereo work, and light body mods.

Lately though, all it's been is me training them on how to do the real custom stuff because they're gonna have to know how to do all that after I leave. They have plans to make it a really big company here. If they do, then cool. We're not even a registered business really. It's just something for fun and to bring in a little extra cash. All our customers are through word of mouth. So after I leave, if they can make it big, then so be it. I wish them all the luck in the world.

Jed118:
Hmm, yeah. I could make my own too... can a MIG welder weld aluminum?
Jed..it depends on the aluminum. If it's Grade AAA and it's pretty thick, then you shouldn't have a problem doing light tap welds. But if it's thin and real flimsy, then I wouldn't take chance with a MIG.

[ September 22, 2002, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Visionz ]
Old 09-22-2002 | 01:11 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Thats a good looking truck, good job... now, you just need to make me a grill for my Elantra...
Old 09-23-2002 | 01:59 AM

I don't know... it just looks plain. The roadster conversion is kewl.