Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What Animals Have You Hit?

Old 07-03-2006 | 10:09 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Whiplash @ Jul 3 2006, 10:24 AM)
Bald beaver.

haha.gif lmao.gif haha.gif fing02.gif

I've hit a couple of those.......

1 Squirrel
1 Bird
1 Dead Racoon
Old 07-03-2006 | 10:36 AM

most of the birds I hit came from the same flock.. had an entire "swarm" of swallows divebomb my old vdub during their fall insect feast.. most of them pulled up in time.. SIX hit the windshield in rapid order...

I got a black bird with my excel.. it caught caught in the wipers.. that was messy

I also "got" a seagull with one of my fiats.. it was in the road as I was driving towards it.. seeing me, it took off away as I hit the brakes.. nudged it in the tail with the windsheild.. it tumbled over the car and he caught himself before hitting the ground and flew away.

I also chased a squirrel in my tib.. it was in the road and I hit the horn to get it to more.. it ran AWAY from my car down the road for a good 50 feet or so before diving off into the woods.

I also know somebody who hit a fish.. but that was the angler's fault.
Old 07-03-2006 | 01:22 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I drove over a flying bird... I hit it with a wheel... poor birdy... 02.gif

oh, and lot's of frogs
Old 07-03-2006 | 01:39 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^i'm laughing sooo hard MM!!! you make it sound so funny. it's just you wouldn't believe that nature is one big parody. "six hit the windshield in rapid order" OMG funniest statement ever. even though it's so wrong to laugh, but these animals are just so dumb!! hahaha you guys make me crack up.

Hob there are many pigeons in the UK i presume. in Poland there's sooo many they destroy some of the old buildings. it's impossible to run them over there though. in Poland you can run over wolves, rabbits, wild boars... most of Poland is a country (never been developed after com. times) so you're out driving on some thin asphalt one lane road out in the country pitch black. frogs are also common, so i bet there's no difference in Ukraine. poor little guys!

supercow i thought cathad nine lives? never got hit by cars? guess you've clarified that. LOL... yeah poor fellas living out in the flats. here in Maryland you're running something over because whatever it is you're running over can't stop! really reminds me of harry and the hendersons over here.

these sparrows keep coming up!! i've hit a sparrow once! it's so consistant it's just funny!

ham, definitely true forget swerving. i hit a raccoon swerving one time and ran over its tail. i felt so bad because i saw his eyes before i hit. after the hit i stopped the car. it was a family of three, the two little ones went back to check out the injured mom. it was so depressing. i didn't know what to do, the 'coon was still alive but there were cars coming and raccoons bite so forget touching it. next morning i came back to see nothing there. either the 'coon came out ok or somebody picked it up to help it. i didn't even see any stains so that was a good sign.

in all seriousness, guys if you don't have HID's, it's not too late to invest in some trust me it'll save you a big

I got this idea out of curiosity from a rally video. Juha Kankkunen's Impreza WRC creamed a bull which ran into the road on safari rallye in 2000 in this video here: WRC Video, poor bull... WRC has been known for frequently taking out four legged animals. Petter Solberg's WRX engine overheated one time for no reason until the crew found a bird stuck in the radiator. I've even heard of a rally car drive in between the legs of a giraffe in Safari. mess.
Old 07-03-2006 | 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

2 deer(4 and 7point),1 cat,many squirrels,1coyote...first deer charged my front end at 20km in an omni.,...second jumped off a cliff and came through my winsheild at 100km in a 99 sunfire TOTALED it ,few cuts and broke my wife's thumb!(we are very lucky to be alive after that one).....the wife picked the tib for us 3 weeks later fing02.gif
Old 07-03-2006 | 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I live in miami... so there really isnt much to hit here. except maybe a cuban or two... but i havent hit any yet. haha
Old 07-03-2006 | 03:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

QUOTE (Whiplash @ Jul 3 2006, 02:24 PM)
Bald beaver.

way to steal what fixation and moosie said on hp.com tongue.gif

hkc you know me so let your imagination think about it...
Old 07-03-2006 | 03:41 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

In my Kia Sephia I hit a deer. It was pretty funny, I was driving home around midnight and it ran up beside me. It kept up for about 50 yards, then I slowed down because I new it was going to cross in front of me. Sure enough it started to cross, I slammed on the brakes and ended up just goosing it.

I ran over three baby racoons with my freinds car. My girlfreind at the time was an animal lover and was sitting right next to me. Doh!

In the Tiburon I have hit a turtle, snakes, birds, frogs, a squirrel, mice, and a bazillion love bugs.

In the Santa Fe I have hit two armadillos so far.
Old 07-03-2006 | 03:54 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ummm lol you guys hit some crazy animals haha.

I havent got anything in my tib, but i got a cat in my cutlass and my dad is a deer wrecking machine, his record is three in a month. He got it fixed the first time then the second and third time he just decided to leave it like that. The deer dont seem to come out unless his truck is fixed lol

My dad said he hit a turkey one time and in his rear view all he saw was feathers lol. He said it was like something out of a cartoon.
Old 07-03-2006 | 04:50 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Jul 3 2006, 09:38 PM)
way to steal what fixation and moosie said on hp.com tongue.gif

hkc you know me so let your imagination think about it...

My bad, I didnt see that thread there I dont think.