Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What Animals Have You Hit?

Old 07-02-2006 | 11:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

The first time I hit an animal was last summer when I was coming home from my friends party. It was about midnight and I saw somebody crossing the street. I slowed down from 40mph to 10mph until I saw him coming at me! I steered away on my brakes. Turns out it wasn't a person it was a fully grown deer! I couldn't steer anymore or else I would have hit the right curb with a car behind it and a car to the left. I bopped the deer in the ass which went over my hood and the deer slid a little, got up and trotted away as if nothing happened. It was the stupidest thing ever. Luckily my fiberglass OEM shipped F2 Bumper only had some hairs stuck to it.

After that night I got some HID's from that friend and told myself I would never go back to stock.

In all seriousness, you guys don't drive out too late and don't cruise too fast. Don't race, a deer might pop out at any time. invest in some $200 HID's (Jay-M or Halo) because it'll spare you a $2,000 accident at night. Always turn away from the direction the animal is heading chances are it won't turn back.
Old 07-03-2006 | 12:43 AM

I have come close to getting dear.. accidently drove into a herd as it crossed the road. Hit the brakes to swerve.. and another one popped up in my excel's lights... swerved around that one.. and came to a screaming halt in front of a third... quite a night.

I have also gotten one squirrel three times (got picked up by the wheels twice) a cat, and many many birds.
Old 07-03-2006 | 08:24 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Bald beaver.
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:00 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

a bird. saw it flying low. it went underneath the car and didn't come back out.
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:04 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

nothing...yet probably
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've only hit a cat, he was retarded and ran outta some tall grass directly into my car.

Its really not a good idea to swerve to avoid animals.
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

dog, cat, possum, rabbit, bird,and snake (had to chase that one down!)

only thing I've hit in the tib was the rabbit and bird. the bird got stuck in the grill (where the hyundai logo is) should have taken pictures!! The funny thing is the rabbit and bird were both last week, drove like 1000 miles last week and alot of it was on country roads.

I've gotten really close to some deer but never gotten any. And like hamhead said don't swerve for two reasons. Swerve and you'll most likely hit something else and if you have liability like mine (covers vandalism and animals) then if you swerve and hit something else it isn't covered.
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:33 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

^^YOU'VE HIT A BIRD TOO!!!

i thought I was the only one. It was flying, SOB cracked my windshield..
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've run over a freaking petting zoo!! lmao.gif

guess that's what comes of driving so many country roads. Soo much fun though, I feel sorry for you guys that live in completely flat area's.
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:43 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

Ive hit two pidgeons, a cat and a couple of rabbits... OH and a sparrow or two.

Thank God I haven't hit any deer yet...