Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Well Its About Time That Douchebag Got Charged.

Old 11-08-2007 | 09:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

a close person i knew from school did the same exact thing with the same exact car, a '96 mk4 single turbo targa. it was beautiful. he also came out with brain damage and had to relearn how to speak. he is permanently handicap. this kid used to be the most popular stuck up rich kid in school the way i remember. it changed his life.

i just hope this makes nick think about his life.

passion is passion you can't blame the kid, but you can blame him for being downright stupid afterall he is still a kid.
Old 11-08-2007 | 09:33 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

While i do agree that he was driving too fast for the conditions and having personally driven past where he crashed (court st) i KNOW he was going too fast even if it was sunny and dry.

BUT, it was the passenger's (adult) decision to not wear a seat belt (even though nick was wearing a his) and DIRECTLY lead to his injuries being so severe.

And for those who say he was street racing a Viper there's a video that was just released that proves he wasn't.

(its floating around the net if you look)

Yes, he's guilty of driving too fast for the conditions, Yes he's guilty of lying in a super street mag, and yes he's guilty of being a spoiled rich kid who owes every bit of his success to his fathers prestige and pocketbook and wouldnt be able to credit anything to full fledged hard work and real accomplishment but...

I think everyone wants to see fortunate people in unfortunate situations and wants them to suffer, which isnt right, if this was your friend (or you), take away the supra and put him (or yourself) in a 1980 civic (they can do 60MPH in the rain too) and you'd all be singing a different tone.
Old 11-09-2007 | 04:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

agreed-.... but he's not the one in the unfortunate situation, the family and friends of (nick's buddy) john who is in a coma are the unfortunate ones. tickets and fines and jailtime are not equal todealing w/ a coma!

i also heard just this morning that-...
A.) he was racing
B.) he was driving to fast for conditions (duh)
and
C.) he HAD been DRINKING prior to the accident!?!?!?!

is that just the media??? or is it the truth???

i don't doubt that it could be true but it's the first time i've
Old 11-09-2007 | 08:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I honestly wish all the best for him, his family, and the victim's family. I'm not going to sit here and bash someone because he's rich and got everything he's always wanted..f' that.

It was wrong, stupid, and careless..but he's a stupid kid who f'ed up. Everyone has made a stupid mistake in their lives..and this unfortunately is his. He's grieved..I guarantee it..but he shouldn't grieve 24/7, every day for the rest of his life like every one wants him too. Every one expected my family and I to grieve every day all the time when my mom passed..but it's impossible and honestly dumb. No one should get penalized for not grieving enough. He's got to live with this for the rest of his life..I think that's enough.

I'm not defending him..I'm just stating truth. It was Nick's fault the accident happened..but his friend should have worn that belt as well. Just think about it.

I know someone who actually talked to Nick's family in person, and they are devastated, and dealing with more then people think they are.

x1 with what Alex said..if it was your family member or friend you'd defend him and want the best for him no matter what.