Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Website Done

Old 09-20-2007 | 12:30 AM

Okay, not to bash... I'm to guess this is your first time at webpages, so kudos to getting that far. I have to agree with hkc about the tattooish appearance. It may be intended to that's only an opinion. I would perhaps look into making the background image smaller in size (kb wise) as it adds lag to page loads. Button rollovers, look into preloading them as again, it adds to lagtime.

I'm not saying anything is bad, just saying it could be better.. =)

If you want help or have questions feel free to ask.

Now, what about my car? tongue.gif
Old 09-20-2007 | 10:40 AM
Nex

indeed it is the first one, i know theres a css code for the rollovers, but for class purposes i was forced to use the html code.

the bg is that big cuz i crammed the whole layout into it, i know bad choice, but i dont know how to layer images on top of each other as of yet.

as far as the feel of the text, yes, i was trying to match that tribal design( tatooish)
i wanted the site to say i did it, which i love tribals, and the color combination.

this site was done after 11 weeks of class, so please bear in mind i have a lot to learn still.
Old 09-20-2007 | 07:08 PM

i'd definately ask SOCKS for permission to use his pictures... he doesnt tend to like anyone using his stuff without asking.
Old 09-20-2007 | 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

^ I think he asked everybody for permission.

But Nex good job on the site man, its alot better than I could do lol owned.gif
Old 09-20-2007 | 11:34 PM
Nex

^^
thnx dude

QUOTE (1swttib @ Sep 20 2007, 09:08 PM)
i'd definately ask SOCKS for permission to use his pictures... he doesnt tend to like anyone using his stuff without asking.

i did,
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry316443
and i stated in the about section of the site.
Old 09-21-2007 | 12:29 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

If that's really your first website, then props man. That is VERY good for your first website (can tell you're a rookie though tongue.gif)

BTW, flash is your friend wink1.gif ( my site: http://acm.uwec.edu/~sarink/portfolio/ )

Lookin good for your first time bro. If you ever have any flash/css/html/java/javascript/whatever questions hit me up. smile.gif