Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

We Should Respect The Older Folks On This Thread.

Old 10-12-2006 | 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

It hurts me that there are people around their 20's , cussing and disrespecting people who are years older then them. It hurts me even more that the older ones apologize to the younger people just keep citizenship on rdtiburon.com.

I think we all should respect the older folks like kb5133, Redzman and Pandy. They're not old, but they're definitly older than alot of folks here. Not to mention that they're probably alot wiser.

Peace.

-John

Edit: I meant Forum, not thread.
Old 10-12-2006 | 09:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i don't think it has to do with age at all. i think it has to do with sincerity. the older folks are usually more nice than the younger folks who can't handle their problems in a clean manner. i'll curse if i'm pissed in front of anyone but i won't put lots of harsh curse words in order because that's just rude and immature.

if someone is disrespecting anyone, please let me or other moderators know. if someone is cursing too much, please let us know too. nobody should be a child about their language on here in an enthusiast community.
Old 10-12-2006 | 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You run into so many problems on the net.

1. At least 90% of you would never, EVER, talk to someone you just met in person, the way you do on the net.

2. Maybe because of a oversight in our school process here in the US, folks can't seem to just take words as words. If someone doesn't put a LOL, smiley face, or whatever, it doesn't mean it's an attack at you. Relax, take a deep breath, and see if it's really worth the effort. Don't take everything as an attack.

3. You type like a moron, you probably are a moron.

Nuff said?
Old 10-12-2006 | 09:57 PM

Aye aye.
Old 10-12-2006 | 10:08 PM

some of us younger people just take stuff the wrong way. Hell im one of them but now i just do what redz says an don't think that your getting attacked, but im like that on an off the site. Sometimes people should read what they say an make sure that it doesn't come off like an attack, just my 2 cents cool.gif
Old 10-12-2006 | 10:10 PM

I don't care if I get attacked. I just care that the older ones are getting attacked by youngsters.
Old 10-12-2006 | 10:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Alrighty..

Well just cause someone is older doesnt mean their smarter all the time. What it is, is that some older folks either dont understand or dont get what some young people are going through these days. I know a lot of old folks in my family who'd always say "what do young people know about money" or "what do young people know about love" Sometimes they just really dont understand because they lived in a different time.

Im very opinionated, and even on the net if someone says something and I have a big opnion on it I will say what it is. Obviously its dumb to argue over the net but sometimes it is difficult to let things that affect you go. I sometimes get mad at what someone may say on here but I dont argue it all the time..sometimes I start to type it then after Im done Im like "ehhh forget it".

Though this is an "older folks" thread, I dont think that we should just respect the older folks on here..I think we should respect everyone. Everyone has their opinion and everyone has knowledge. Some young people have went through more then older folks have went through..I know I have went through hell and back in my life and Im only 21. I dont think Im the smartest in the world, but I have had my fair share of life experiences to know how to give good advice and to have a basic idea of lifes ups and downs.

Lets just respect everyone..not make a thread that can turn into a big fight again.
Old 10-12-2006 | 10:20 PM

^nice
Old 10-12-2006 | 10:24 PM

QUOTE (SwiftTiburon @ Oct 13 2006, 04:18 AM)
Alrighty..

Well just cause someone is older doesnt mean their smarter all the time. What it is, is that some older folks either dont understand or dont get what some young people are going through these days. I know a lot of old folks in my family who'd always say "what do young people know about money" or "what do young people know about love" Sometimes they just really dont understand because they lived in a different time.

Im very opinionated, and even on the net if someone says something and I have a big opnion on it I will say what it is. Obviously its dumb to argue over the net but sometimes it is difficult to let things that affect you go. I sometimes get mad at what someone may say on here but I dont argue it all the time..sometimes I start to type it then after Im done Im like "ehhh forget it".

Though this is an "older folks" thread, I dont think that we should just respect the older folks on here..I think we should respect everyone. Everyone has their opinion and everyone has knowledge. Some young people have went through more then older folks have went through..I know I have went through hell and back in my life and Im only 21. I dont think Im the smartest in the world, but I have had my fair share of life experiences to know how to give good advice and to have a basic idea of lifes ups and downs.

Lets just respect everyone..not make a thread that can turn into a big fight again.

well, i grew up and taught to respect older people. I couldn't talk smack to older people. whether it's online or in real life. I just saw a post and people were talking smack to kb5133, and that disturbed me.
Old 10-12-2006 | 10:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^And so was I..my parents brought me up real well. But I was also taught to respect everyone else, and to also not keep everything to myself. Being older doesnt mean you can get away with more things..I see it all the time and that disturbs me.