Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

We Just Had An Earthquake.

Old 03-05-2006 | 08:41 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

for those too lazy to search OR click on Random's link... it was a 3.4
Old 03-05-2006 | 10:38 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i was on the 7th floor of a building once durring an earthquake, it felt like a slolom kinda.. like it was moving one way and then the other... if you run durring an earthquake on the ground, it seems like the ground moves from under you. like you can't plant your foot where you want to. When i was a kid there was an earthquake that shook my house and i could hear the rafters creeking in the walls and it felt like something big was dropped, but the vibration just dosn't stop with an earthquake. You expect it to, but it keeps going. it can be scary or it can be fun, just depends on what you're doing. Try running next time you're in an earthquake. it puts a new twist on it.
Old 03-05-2006 | 11:01 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah scary shIt!! we had a quake here in Maryland once. We were walking at the mall and everything apparently shook a few CM's. I don't remember feeling it though, maybe we were passing victoria secret store or somethin.
Old 03-06-2006 | 02:56 AM

This was a 7.1 in an unpopulated area
http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/hector/photos.html

You can imagine what that would have done in downtown LA.
Old 03-06-2006 | 09:24 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

^^^BADDASS bigeyes.gif

Back in Seattle we had a 4.sumthin hit downtown and the entire Puget Sound metropolitan area, I was in middle school is P.E. LOL, that gym instructor thought all the shaking was from the kids running back to their lockers and yelled at us. lmao.gif then we all stopped running and the ground/gym kept shaking. It was a really interesting and scary experience, seeing ALL the locks on the lockers swinging up and down and slamming into the lockers simultaneously.

I remember running back out to the gym and seeing the cracks in the flooring and a huge hole/indent in the middle of the gym floor.

That earthwuake wasn't even bad and it caused buildings MADE for earthquakes in downtown Seattle to loose bricks and shatter windows....

Glad everyone is allright..
There will be more this year.. gotta love California! smile.gif
Old 03-06-2006 | 10:37 AM

i didnt even feel it..

Funny how you just get used to the ground shakin...
Old 03-06-2006 | 01:28 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ you sure it's not just your bed?!
Old 03-06-2006 | 08:21 PM

I was in the one that shook Reading Pa a decade ago... It started off with this aweful rumbling sound.. like a hundred tractor trailors laboring up a steep hill... and THEN we felt the shake