Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Wanted: Gt-3d Spoiler Pics On Tib

Old 01-12-2009 | 11:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Shark wing wont bolt on either, he has an rd2. The Type R is a nice spoiler but it all depends what youre looking for. I actually have that carbon fiber wing here. Its my brothers, though. He had it on his MR2 and my buddy had one on his STi. Nice wing but it needs a lot to make it look good on a car.
Old 01-12-2009 | 11:26 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

yea sorry didnt mean shark wing, meant type r
Old 01-12-2009 | 11:40 AM
Banned

if your looking for a big wing like that, a type R wont suit you.

i would either fit a shark spoiler, or a GK high spoiler.. not much work, and will look good.. but you will still have to plug the spoiler holes if you do that, which costs $$$$$ to paint the hatch. if you just plug em, looks like shit.

the GT style wing your talking about IS sold for the RD2, and fits the rd2 hatch.. you will still have to fill in the spoiler holes.

you can get all those different brackets, so it wont be as high.
Old 01-12-2009 | 12:34 PM

Does anyone kinow of a ate where I can pick up the gt wing posted in the pic above. This wing looks amazing. I need to get it and then I will get rid of my other wing for those interested.
Old 01-12-2009 | 01:19 PM
Banned

here you go.. it only listed 2003+ tib and 2001+ elantra, but they can get the brackets for the RD2.

Visit My Website

its expensive as hell though.. like 425$+shipping.
Old 01-12-2009 | 01:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I'll tell you right now, it will probably be something you like now, and extremely dislike in the near future.

I had a big wing once, and on a stock body, they look REALLY weird and ricey. Even on a modified car they still look kinda ricey. I know I shouldn't talk about being ricey, but I've had experience with these big wings. Oh you can kiss any type of decent gas mileage goodbye, and in exchange you will receive wind noise and a rattling trunk.

Over time, this will happen:

Because force will actually be pushing down on a think piece of metal. It will eventually dent the trunk. People will use it to lift up the trunk, which only makes the problem worse.

I've been searching my photobucket looking for a picture of the wing I had....this is the best I could find...

Now I have this, and constantly look back...through the rearview mirror that is....lol
Shark Spoiler on RD2 (I've changed the tail lights back to stock)
Old 01-12-2009 | 05:31 PM

what do you think about this. Seems exactly the same, same mounting, same look, says does not require any modification probably because you just drill the holes in the bracket. And is hundreds cheaper. Sorry if alot of you dont trust ebay but i have done over 200 deals and never had any problems. I have bought a bunch of my tiburon parts on there.

gt wing on ebay
Old 01-12-2009 | 05:34 PM

everyone has pretty much given you their input on what they think of aftermarket wings, now its just up to you to decide on which one you if you do plan on going through with it

the wing you posted is cheaper, looks semi decent, but i would have to agree with what rix posted of his high wing, your going to run the risk of denting the trunk deck, and listening to the wind whistle off of it
Old 01-12-2009 | 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ya, without strengthening your trunk or lowering the spoiler a lot I think it will do more damage than anything.
Old 03-03-2011 | 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rixshark
I'll tell you right now, it will probably be something you like now, and extremely dislike in the near future.

I had a big wing once, and on a stock body, they look REALLY weird and ricey. Even on a modified car they still look kinda ricey. I know I shouldn't talk about being ricey, but I've had experience with these big wings. Oh you can kiss any type of decent gas mileage goodbye, and in exchange you will receive wind noise and a rattling trunk.

Over time, this will happen:

Because force will actually be pushing down on a think piece of metal. It will eventually dent the trunk. People will use it to lift up the trunk, which only makes the problem worse.

I've been searching my photobucket looking for a picture of the wing I had....this is the best I could find...

Now I have this, and constantly look back...through the rearview mirror that is....lol

Shark Spoiler on RD2 (I've changed the tail lights back to stock)

Hello Rixshark,

I am searching for a wing like this for my tib for long time,

Did you bought it online?? Or do you know where I could purchase it online??

Thanks!