Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Wal-mart Partners With Gay And Lesbian Group

Old 10-13-2006 | 10:46 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/walmart.asp

It's one thing to not discriminate when hiring employees, but to discriminate by partnering with "homosexual linked firms" in contrast to non-homosexually linked firms is reverse-discrimination. Giving special treatment to "homosexual-owned firms" and moving others "down the list." Also, Wal-Mart promoting homosexual marriage? Next thing we know, Wal-Mart's going to be telling the government what laws to pass and who we can trade with. rolleyes.gif

I'm a Christian, unlike many here. I don't feel my viewpoints are shared with ONLY Christians. Aside from my Christian perspective, I've always thought Wal-Mart was way too powerful and not always benefiting the economy. The way they run their retail stores requires major brands (Coke and Pepsi for example) to lower their profits by charging whatever Wal-Mart wants them to charge, thus increasing their prices elsewhere so they may maintain their profit margins and keep their investors and debt covenants happy. I could go on and on, and have had to write papers defending my points in my Economics classes, but I don't think most of you would care to read my ramble about that.

Anyways.... DISCUSS wink1.gif
Old 10-14-2006 | 12:26 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

gay.gif

that's all i gotta say
Old 10-14-2006 | 05:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Im not against gay rights etc, but I dont think that it is right to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Old 10-14-2006 | 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Jay-M @ Oct 14 2006, 02:26 AM)
gay.gif

that's all i gotta say

Pun intended?

I've never liked Walmart for the very reason you described. I'm Christian too, but I but I don't think that plays into this topic much, for me at least. I have no problems with gays or gay marriage, and honestly, I don't have much problem with Walmart supporting gay marriage, but the fact that they are giving discounts to businesses based on the sexuality of the owner is really wrong.
Old 10-14-2006 | 10:45 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Majik Tib: I love Jesus.
Old 10-14-2006 | 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Dude, so what if the homos wanna wear rings to say they're married to each other?, I agree with wal-mart.

This is really a catch-22 situation, if they partner with "non-homosexual" firms, then people say they're discriminating against homosexuals, if they partner with homosexual firms, then people say shit like this..WTF are they supposed to do?

And they ARE partnered with MANY other non-homosexual organizations, and those organizations obviously get some form of special treatment too..like money to pay for organization-related events.

I swear to god, this day and age whenever anyone does anything someone finds some way to relate it to racism...either [insert your hate crime] was done because the person/group is [insert your minority group], or was done because the person/group is NOT [insert minority group].

Not everything is because of race or homosexuality or whatever else.
Old 10-15-2006 | 08:10 AM

Face it, very few corporations do anything out of the goodness of their hearts. If Walmart is teaming up with gay and lesbian operated and owned businesses, then it is done out of a way to reach what they see as an untapped market, The Gays and Lesbians all across this country.

I do not think that any of the Walton Family is either Gay or a Lesbian, so this is purely a marketing ploy to bring more people into their stores so they can continue the rape and pilliage this country into the poor house. Personally, I feel sorry for any company that supplies goods to the walmart kingdom, no company in this countrie's history has bankrupted more smaller companies than that which is owned by the Walton Family.

You should see the stipulatios you have to sign when you get the contract. Because Walmart is all about "lowering the price" they then have the right to tell you how to run your company. They can come in, look over your manufactoring process, see you books, and look over your employees. If they think that they can save money by firing "old joe" or making you outsource some of the stuff you make.. they have the right to "red pencil" those items and if you want to keep that lucretive contract, you have to do what they "recommend"

Over the years, they will demand more and more goods from your company and want lower and lower prices.. until one day all your goods are going to walmart stores exclusivly. That is when they usually do not renew the contract and suddenly you have a company with no market.. say hello to bankruptcy.

As you can tell, as a small Business owner, I do not like walmart. I do not shop there, I do not go into their stores, and I sure as hell am not going to spend my hard earned cash to make the Walton family even richer.

As for the original context of this thread: As an Ex-Christian (I think I just offended a lot of people right there) I never saw anywhere in the new testament where Jesus said that guys cannot love guys and girls cannot love girls. Right about now, I think he would be thrilled in this day and age if anybody loved anybody at all.
Old 10-15-2006 | 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

I 100% agree with Mad-Machine, The way wal-mart operates is nothing but a scam to rape our economy and small bussinesses. The Waltons have no real interest in Gays or Lesbiens, but rather expanding the consumer margin. They just slowly run our economy's market into the ground. Its is rather pathetic how the have the providing companies sign over the way they will deal thier own companys bussiness. Does everyone remember what happened to Rubber-Maid? How wal-mart shut them down when they tried to control the price gap. I for one do not associate with walmart in any ways... and to again agree with Mad-Machine I believe Jesus would not have anything against homosexuality, its still love isnt it?
Old 10-15-2006 | 10:07 PM

^^^ "... and to again agree with Mad-Machine I believe Jesus would not have anything against homosexuality, its still love isnt it?"

I'm Christian, and that right there, just made me sick... I'm not here to fight, but when did you ever read about Jesus Christ being homosexual? Homosexuality and lesbian is love perverted. I dont want to go into any religiouse posts here...

Reading this thread i definatlly wont support Walt-Mart anymore, cause i dont believe in gay and lesbian marriage.
Old 10-15-2006 | 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

If you guys don't keep it clean and civil, I will have to lock it if it gets out of hand.