Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Vote

Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OBAMA WINS!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

02.gif going to bed now.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

YAY
Old 11-04-2008, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Nobody should be surprised. In the back of our minds we all knew it. Even the Mccain supporters or republicans knew it despite how much they tried to deny it. Look at the current electoral map, all of New England is blue. Virginia is going to be Blue. Florida is usually swing but is also going to be blue. 100% of the major cities are blue. The rural areas are red. It's not stereotypical, fictional, or a$$hole, it's what exists. Not only that, but current American situation, Katrina, Economy, Bush low ratings, gas prices, the war, all of these elements combined you could have known the winner last year.

I don't understand why people are boo'ing at the campaigns during McCain's congratulation speech, he had little chance and was a weaker rivalry, he'd lost already before. It was never what I think, it's what Washington thinks. I brought it up because you can't get any closer to the truth than right outside the white house.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

what a joke....

Old 11-05-2008, 04:16 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

We now have a black, Muslim president. Think about it. A president is a figure head with 1/3 say in what goes on in our country. He also has a cabinet of people who are advisers. It doesn't matter if daffy duck won, the country would still be perfectly capable of making good decisions.

I think this is the best thing we could have done for world relations. The USA has a bad reputation, especially in the muslim world. Black kids now have a better role model then gangsta rappers. Even better, most of the time, Democrats generally try to avoid war. We've had enough of that recently.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:18 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

The middle east is still going to hate the west regardless of who our president is DTN. Also DTN look back in history and analyze what the worlds dominant powers were involved in most of the time, I belive it would be war. I am not saying the US should go out and pick fights for no reason, but we deffinately shouldn't sit on our heals and wait for the blood shed to be on our soil.

As long as Obama follows through on alot of the statements he made during his campaign, he will make some good steps toward improving some of our situation. Honestly though how many polition do what they say they are going to do. We will all see what happens the next 4 years.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Nov 4 2008, 10:09 PM)
OBAMA WINS!!!!!

You moved to Canada, WTF do you care?

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Nov 4 2008, 10:30 PM)
Nobody should be surprised. In the back of our minds we all knew it. Even the Mccain supporters or republicans knew it despite how much they tried to deny it. Look at the current electoral map, all of New England is blue. Virginia is going to be Blue. Florida is usually swing but is also going to be blue. 100% of the major cities are blue. The rural areas are red. It's not stereotypical, fictional, or a$$hole, it's what exists. Not only that, but current American situation, Katrina, Economy, Bush low ratings, gas prices, the war, all of these elements combined you could have known the winner last year.

I don't understand why people are boo'ing at the campaigns during McCain's congratulation speech, he had little chance and was a weaker rivalry, he'd lost already before. It was never what I think, it's what Washington thinks. I brought it up because you can't get any closer to the truth than right outside the white house.

QUOTE (DTN @ Nov 5 2008, 05:16 AM)
We now have a black, Muslim president. Think about it. A president is a figure head with 1/3 say in what goes on in our country. He also has a cabinet of people who are advisers. It doesn't matter if daffy duck won, the country would still be perfectly capable of making good decisions.

I think this is the best thing we could have done for world relations. The USA has a bad reputation, especially in the muslim world. Black kids now have a better role model then gangsta rappers. Even better, most of the time, Democrats generally try to avoid war. We've had enough of that recently.

Wow, the 2 of you are really, really stupid.

Obama is NOT a Muslim, and is not president, he is President Elect, he will not be president until January.

And to think, people like you voted for him.

I'm still impressed that McCain did as well as he did, with the rousing anti everything/MTV/BET crowd and what, over half a billion dollars spent against him, he did pretty damned well.

Now that someone with no experience can be president, I'm going to put my application in today to become the Secretary of the Interior.

What's wrong with that? I've worked for the DOI for like 5 months now!

So, if you don't go to war with the people that attack you, what should we do? Send them cookies? I mean, I served with some real chicken shit soldiers in my day, plenty of the "I'm just here for my college money" kids, but Adam, you must be the most cowardly b**** I've ever heard.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:01 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ I was blown by an IED in Iraq. I was hiding under equipment when stuff was blowing up around me. I trudged through mud every day for 1 year. I was shot at and because I'm a soldier, I had to keep comming back for more. I don't think anyone else needs to do that. We're really not making much of a difference over there. They have a military and police force now.

There's a difference between using the military for it's purpose and using the military as targets.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

And what?

Thta's your frigging job you moron.

We aren't making that big of a difference? Hmm, wonder how they got that military and police force built up...

Free elections, violence rates decreasing and stability increasing, right, no difference at all.

The purpose of the military, any military, is to fight the wars their country sends them to fight, in order to protect civilians and the way of life in their country.

Fighting over there = no attacks here = job is being done correctly.

BTW, when were you ever "trudging" through mud? You were a radar repair man, and now you repair medical equipment.