Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Virginia Tech Shooting

Old 04-16-2007 | 04:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats just a terrible tragedy..my condolences go out to all the families of the victims.
Old 04-16-2007 | 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yes very sad, I hope all the wounded heal well.
Old 04-16-2007 | 08:45 PM

It's so crazy to think one person with a grudge or whatever his stupid motive was, can ruin so many peoples lives. It's hard to think about. Condolences to everyone involved. so sorry
Old 04-16-2007 | 09:06 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's some f*cked sh*t. just proves there are sick f*ckers everywhere no matter where. behind the curtain, this world is one messed up place filled with some mental psychos.

why on earth would anyone ever do such a thing. i didn't watch the news because the power was out, but i wonder just who this dipsh*t was and what his motives were.
Old 04-16-2007 | 09:09 PM

They havent said anything yet really. Just that he brought chains and chained the some doors closed from the inside, he killed 32 people at least and he killed himself and he's asian background and I think he's 20. Man would it suck to be his family. It would be hard not to hate him even though hes your brother or son...anyways...its just really messed up and pisses me off.
Old 04-16-2007 | 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

what i want to know is why society today is so god damn quick to place blame on somebody else when these tragedies happen.

seriously? what the hell is wrong with us? half the reports i'm reading are centered around who is at fault for this horrific event. the kid that went crazy and shot everybody is at fault, and in all likelihood, his parents for shaping their son into the sick f*** that did this.

could mistakes of been made by officials? i guess it's likely, but in something as unbelievable as this you can't predict what will happen. if classes were canceled then he could have just gotten into the dorms like he did earlier in the day.

mourn the lives that were lost, stop placing blame, and take proactive steps to insure this never happens again. i understand that anybody who lost a loved one will be grieving and seeking to fault anybody that is within arms reach, but for the rest of the media and everybody else...playing the blame game is an insult to those directly affected by this.
Old 04-16-2007 | 09:49 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

A word of advice to everyone, keep on your toes. You never know if some dipshit is gonna try and be a copy cat in your town.

I don't know what your state's laws are on open carry or CC, but if you can do and do responsibly. Of course, there are no guns on campus though...

Jesus, with the way the media is playing the blame game I'm really scared this type of acticity is going to escalate into a contest with innocent lives at stake.

mad.gif
Old 04-17-2007 | 05:15 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

^^ In Florida you can carry on campus as long as you are a student or faculty of that school. Seems to me all these states that do not have CC should enact it ASAP. I would be interested to see how many acts like this take place in a SHALL ISSUE state regarding concealed carry licensing.
Old 04-17-2007 | 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yep, sad shit. Luckily all my friends were OK, I know probably forty or fifty people that go to Tech.
Old 04-17-2007 | 09:54 AM

It is sad. But I find it amsing that people are so quick to blam anything. Its not guns, video games, music. Its this kid who is to blam.

And i agree with you Pat. People need to be able to carry. If everyone was carrying then people would think twice before doing stuff like this or even lttle crimes. If grandma packing heat you not going to be stealing her purise.