Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Valentines Day 2012

Old 02-15-2012 | 07:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

The GC is too big for me. I haven't driven one but, I don't think I would like it. I hated driving the Firebird because it felt soooo wide. I loved the interior of the Veloster, but loved the seats of the STi. I think that they look kinda similar, so I am willing to see if I love driving the Veloster as much as I loved driving the STi.

I think for it to be as fun as an STi, it would have to have some modifications.

I'm a tall guy and I don't like huge cars either. They're so hard to parallel park and squeeze through traffic. They're also not nimble and not responsive. Totally with you on that.

The Veloster looks impressive on paper, the best of all its competitors! I hope the next gen looks a little more the part.
Old 02-15-2012 | 09:18 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
I think for it to be as fun as an STi, it would have to have some modifications.

I'm a tall guy and I don't like huge cars either. They're so hard to parallel park and squeeze through traffic. They're also not nimble and not responsive. Totally with you on that.

The Veloster looks impressive on paper, the best of all its competitors! I hope the next gen looks a little more the part.

I'm not too sure, "fun" to me is purely subjective. I used to have a Mini Cooper and that thing was tons of fun tossing it around the canyon roads around here. If it wasn't for torque steer, lack of power, and hideous interior, I'd probably still have it. I'm sure the STI would pull like hell, but I think I'd have more fun in a Veloster taking it out to the coast.

In the defense of the GC, comparably speaking to its main competitors (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro) I'd imagine it's more nimble and responsive. I test drove a Mustang GT and the car felt overbearing when taking it around any bends. The Gencoupe was waaay more nimble. Compared to a Veloster though? I highly doubt it. Plus, if you live in a city where parallel parking is commonplace, I probably wouldn't buy a Gencoupe either

Oh, and p.s.

Old 02-15-2012 | 09:48 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^I agree 100% with that, and it is purely subjective. I think my Tiburon can be a lot funner than a GC! In the city where there are tons of speed cameras and cops, who needs to go fast anyways? Turning (cornering) and stopping are the most important things. I can have fun in the Elantra and it's not fast.

I think I'd have more fun in a Veloster taking it out to the coast.

I just don't think the Veloster will be the speed demon people think it is, like people were disappointed with the Genesis 2.0T, let's not forget this is a 1.6L. The only difference will be some body panels and the turbo. The suspension on the will remain exactly the same. The Works Cooper S (both supercharged and turbo) is a thriller, but knowing Hyundai (especially after the Scoupe), I highly doubt the Veloster aims to match the Works Cooper S. And the regular cooper seems like it's more stripped down than the Veloster.

I also agree that compared to its target market, the GC is the best and there's nothing to judge it by alone. It should only be judged in terms of size according to personal preference.

...eh, in context to Stacy's Valentines present.
Old 02-16-2012 | 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
I think my Tiburon can be a lot funner than a GC!

That's not possible!

For me, I have a lot more fun in the GC than I did in the M5. I think it's a pretty good balance in between my Mini and the M5. So I definitely see where you're coming from.