Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Valentines Day 2012

Old 02-14-2012 | 07:46 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Originally Posted by TheDonsWife
lol this one.. I test drove it Saturday!

My link

It's not a Hyundai! Blasphemy!!!
Old 02-14-2012 | 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

lol yeah I know. It was the first car I have ever driven with a turbo.. I'm hooked now! I am thinking about maybe getting a turbo Veloster instead.
Old 02-14-2012 | 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by TheDonsWife
lol yeah I know. It was the first car I have ever driven with a turbo.. I'm hooked now! I am thinking about maybe getting a turbo Veloster instead.

Well there's a Hyundai out there that's turbo'd, rwd, and half the price of that STI
Old 02-15-2012 | 05:25 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Just another day ...without my sky sports babe Hayley McQueen!

Fareed Zakaria warns of high gas prices. I've been listening to him and he's been always right. I would consider economy and a small turbo sounds great when you can choose when you want to be economic.
Old 02-15-2012 | 01:56 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

She doesn't like the Gen Coupe for several reasons. I'm pushing for the Veloster turbo though.
Old 02-15-2012 | 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 187sks
She doesn't like the Gen Coupe for several reasons. I'm pushing for the Veloster turbo though.

Pffffft. Keep pushing though
Old 02-15-2012 | 03:09 PM
Administrator

I shouldn't say she doesn't like them, she would be perfectly happy with me driving one. It's mostly that it's a larger car than she wants to drive.

The Veloster also has a nicer interior IMO and is much more practical. Not to mention the turbo is still supposed to get 38mpg (The STi gets 23mpg highway lol).

For my next car it's probably between the Scion FRS and a used Gen Coupe. I just wish the Gen would shrink a bit.
Old 02-15-2012 | 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 187sks
I shouldn't say she doesn't like them, she would be perfectly happy with me driving one. It's mostly that it's a larger car than she wants to drive.

The Veloster also has a nicer interior IMO and is much more practical. Not to mention the turbo is still supposed to get 38mpg (The STi gets 23mpg highway lol).

For my next car it's probably between the Scion FRS and a used Gen Coupe. I just wish the Gen would shrink a bit.

I'll definitely agree with you there, the GenCoupe is a behemoth. I didn't realize it until I saw one in person. Although, my last car was a 4000lb M5, so the GenCoupe is a wee bit smaller
Old 02-15-2012 | 03:26 PM
Administrator

Yeah when I was talking to the RMR guys at Rallycross they referred to the GC as "The Largest Car In The World" lol. They had some funny stories about where it wouldn't fit.

For me, it's as near as makes no difference the same size as my LS1 Firebird, which I really thought was too big for a DD. It doesn't matter much as my next car won't be a DD. I have cheap Accents for that.
Old 02-15-2012 | 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

The GC is too big for me. I haven't driven one but, I don't think I would like it. I hated driving the Firebird because it felt soooo wide. I loved the interior of the Veloster, but loved the seats of the STi. I think that they look kinda similar, so I am willing to see if I love driving the Veloster as much as I loved driving the STi.