Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Undecided On What To Buy!

Old 05-11-2007, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Toshiba Gigabeat.. 60gb.... Picked it up for $240 shipped from newegg, its about the same size as an ipod but the nice thing about it is it uses Windows Media Player to add songs/playlists so you dont have to worry about itunes taking it over and not let you add music to other media devices. But it also has the widescreen like the creative which is REALLY bulky. Only downside is its battery life you only get like 12 hours of music and 2.5 hours of video.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:38 AM

I'm gonna do some research on the Zune. The thing about the Zen that I like is the battery life and all the video codecs that support smile.gif DivX, XviD, WMV, MPEG...Let's see how it goes. In the other hand, it seems that I won't be getting an iPod.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Itunes = T3h SUck. You can't just simply drag and drop songs, you have to ALWAYS deal with your whole library. You get errors on podcasts and can't figure out WTF the problem is. You can't take the music or videos you buy off of it and do anything with them, it's either used on your ipod/desktop, or nowhere else.

Ipod = T3h Suxz. You can't delete songson the go. I have quite a bit of music, some of it is getting a bit old. I'd like to be able to just listen to my collection while walking around, and if I don't like a song, delete it. But no, the Ipod makes you have to WRITE DOWN WHICH SONGS, then go home and remove it from your ipod via synching, then delete it from your computer.

The battery life sucks ASS, finding your music can be a royal PITA, and honestly, navigation on that POS sucks.

Zune synchs wirelessly, and you can use WMP 11 to do your music.

Ipod is the industry leader for one reason, right place, right time. I've had other MP3 players that I prefer over it, with better controls. Hell, if my old T-Mobile SDA had more memory, it would have kicked Ipod's ass.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I like my 8GB Sandisk Sansa MP3 player.

it also syncs with Windows Media Player 11, which is nice. Plus it's got blue dials so it looks good in the tib at night. haha

only downfall, i wish I had a wall charger for it. Now I always need a computer's USB port to charge it. BUt the battery life is like 2 days while on so who cares.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:00 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Yes the zune battery life lacks some to be dessired, but you also have to look at the size of the screen on that sucka. It takes alot of power to run it, so there is a little give and take to get what you want. But I wouldn't trade my zune for an ipod any day of the week. I also like the creative line of products as well. You won't be dissappointed if you were to get the creative player either.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Patrizzle, you can get one of those in car USB chargers. They are great man.