Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Trustworthy Websites

Old 06-22-2008 | 12:56 PM

hail.gifI have a question guys, where do yall buy your parts from?? Ive found SO MANY websites but i do not know which ones to trust as of yet... Any recomendations? hail.gif
Old 06-22-2008 | 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

really depends what parts you are looking for. www.importshark.com is a good place to start, as well as kfxperformance.com
Old 06-22-2008 | 06:51 PM
Banned

def. depends on what your looking to buy.

i bought alot of stuff from ebay.

erebunicorp.com, teamsr.org, aerokits.net, are all places i have bought from with no issues.

tell us what your looking to buy and we can steer you in the right direction.
Old 06-22-2008 | 06:55 PM

I'll second import shark.
Old 06-25-2008 | 10:20 AM

looking to buy an engine performane upgrade kit like the one on importshark. A big bore throttle body. 1.8 cams. I think I got the intake manifold taken care of. One question on the side also. Is it better to port and polish the intake manifold before and after I have it made or just after? My car is STOCK other than the component speakers I replaced and pushing with an amp. Any recommendations on where to start tuning the tib?
Old 06-26-2008 | 09:14 AM
Banned

Is it better to port and polish the intake manifold before and after I have it made or just after

^^^ have what made? a new intake manifold? why would you port and polish a custom manifold, thats the point of going custom.
Old 06-26-2008 | 11:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (ETXorangetib @ Jun 25 2008, 09:20 AM)
looking to buy an engine performane upgrade kit like the one on importshark. A big bore throttle body. 1.8 cams. I think I got the intake manifold taken care of. One question on the side also. Is it better to port and polish the intake manifold before and after I have it made or just after? My car is STOCK other than the component speakers I replaced and pushing with an amp. Any recommendations on where to start tuning the tib?

First, what "engine upgrade kit" are you talking about at Importshark? Might want to see if it's something you actually want.

Second, it's a 1.8L CAM, the exhaust cam is the same as the 2.0L cam, so that would be a cross grade, and a waste of money.

socks hit up the thing about the intake manifold, but I'd start by doing the free mods listed in the DIY section, then the CAI, headers, and exhaust. Then work inside from there.

Get some light rims too.

Or you could look and read any of the hundreds of similar "Where do i start" threads here on the site.

As for where to buy from, search about each company before you buy, lots have had bad experiences with SR/EvoFusion, but there have been a couple of happy people. same with SFR, Kspec, ect.
Old 06-26-2008 | 03:11 PM

this is the upgrade kit i was looking at.....http://www.importshark.com/ProductImages/E...Penginekit.html I will look for some of the same "where do i start" threads on the site also. I thought the 1.8 cams had more height with the same width on the lobes than the stock 2.0 so it opens the valves more... but if it is useless i wont buy it.