Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Trial And Error? Maybe, Maybe Not!

Old 02-10-2008 | 05:02 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

yeah the powerloss down low doesn't seem that extreme. my car has been running like crap since i bought it though, so i'd like to see how this does on a healthy engine.

seeing the amount of space i have left between the plenum and the strut bar-... i'm definately going to shoot for longer runners.

every shot i've seen w/ an airram they do not have a strut bar. except for a few who have an oddly designed strut bar.

to put it more simply-... i do NOT want an airram

i want to make an intake manifold that performs close to an airram!

Old 02-10-2008 | 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Beautiful!! Those velocity stacks are sooo nice looking! (Not ideal for performance, but they look great. Ideal ones are supposed to come up into the plenum by about an inch or so...) I am interested more into how you did the tapping for the hoses, particularly for the fuel regulator, that one has had me stumped.
Also, have you reset your ECU since installing it? That could help with rough running.
Anyhow, very nice work!!
Old 02-11-2008 | 03:07 PM

there is discussion/debate amoungst all tuners about velocity stack protruding into the plenum-... some say it's better, some say it's taking away from the plenum volume, others have said it creates too much turbulence... i chose velocity stacks to sit even w/ the floor of the plenum obviously.

the FPR?? nothing special there-... just the "G" shaped tube going from the FPR/fuelrail to the passenger-side end of the plenum.

i was working w/ fuel-... so i kinda had to disconnect the battery which in turn, reset the ecu.

i think when i get my new engine (hopefully soon) i'll get it dyno'd w/ my IM v.s. a stocker (prolly should port the stocker just for $h!+$ and giggles).

it'll be awhile though.
Old 02-11-2008 | 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

mad props man, that is awesome.
Old 02-11-2008 | 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Not bad, you should consider doing some of these for the community.
Old 02-12-2008 | 03:22 PM

i have considered this much!

but first i need to make absolutely sure evrything is gonna work like it should-... i don't wanna put my name on it if it's going to disappoint someone.

don't get excited-... i still need to dyno this one on a healthy engine.

and just as a disclaimer-... my IM may just be a one time thing!