Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Tonights Festivities.......

Old 10-13-2001 | 04:32 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Tonights Festivities.......

Well, there was a mini car show so to speak tonight at a local stript mall/plaza like place. Next to it, there was a nice 3-4 mile side street that was a full straight away. So there were ALOT of races. It started around 9:30 and went until around 1:30 or so. When I pulled in there were like 10 cars already there. As the night went on, there were about 25-30 at one time.

I didn't do any racing. I just pulled in, and immediatly, a bunch of peeps came over to me and started to talk to me about my car. I pulled into a spot, and let the air out, and I think that attracted most of the people. SOOOO many chicks were there too! It was great!

Anyway, My buddy has a Mustang Rousche Edition and he pulled in and parked next to me. Few other sweet rides like a 2000 Civic with a full body kit, 18's and his entire dash was cut up to house a computer monitor and he was running windows XP in the car. Pretty sweet stuff. Then there were mostly the little ricer kids that pulled up and tried to look cool.

As far as races go, some chick in a 3000GT raced a Cavalier with E/I/H combo. The dodge destroyed the cavalier like it was nothing. Pretty funny stuff because everyone was making fun of the kid since he got beat by a girl. Couple older Accords raced. A beat to hell Lincoln with 8 switches raced a CRX and won! That was pretty funny because the whole way down the straight away, he was bouncing his car up and down and still won! Some guy showed up with a bike and poured bleach over his rear tires, and spun the living hell out of them. His tire looked like a drag slick when he was done.

So, as 1:00 aproached, I figured it was time to get going. I jumped in my ride, and pulled out doing a little side to side. As I drove about 10 miles down the road, I saw like 5 cops all going flying pass me. Most likely going to where I just came out of.

So, my evening was alot of fun. Saw some cool races, some pretty fine looking ladies, and the only bad thing that came out of it..is the fact that I don't have a video camera to record the cool things like this when they happen. Oh well...maybe Santa will be nice to me this year for Christmas. *lol*
Old 10-14-2001 | 03:03 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

LO&SHOW so do you have air ride????? Do you have bags or rods???? and were did you get them at????
Old 10-14-2001 | 04:03 AM
Administrator

You have email.
Old 10-15-2001 | 04:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Hey Lo&Show I was also wondering if you have air bags...rods..what

I was looking into a place called dzmotorsports

They have the subzero air bag system that uses your stock struts.

Do you know of any problems due to cold weather or snow etc...

Thanks

oh my email is either

atvsft@montana.com
josantifer@mtech.edu
Old 10-15-2001 | 05:22 AM
Administrator

Okay..first of all..read this post: Click Here

That will help you with any questions that you may have about this type of suspension. I'll tell you right now also...that you don't want to use your stock struts at all. In order for airbags or rods to be fitted on a Tib, you have to have custom brackets that hold them in. There are a couple of companies like Ride Tech, Inc. that sell air bags that have an aftermarket strut built in through the middle of the bag. But those are only for a couple of vehicles. It's an a VERY large amount of work to do this type of modification...ESPECIALLY if you're putting in airbags because it's VERY easy for them to rub and pop. I consider myself a professional when it comes down to custom suspensions and when I first put my bags in, one rubbed and it popped. And I'm STILL trying to figure out a way to get them in with no rubbing problems. As of now, I'm running air rods.

As for your next question...you DEFINITLY do not want to run with an air suspension when it's cold out..like in winter time. Not only will you destroy the suspension parts, but you will also lose alot of air...while driving. You'll take a chance of having your car slamming to the ground when driving, and you'll notonly destroy the car, but you take a chance of injuring yourself and others. Anyone that tells you it's safe to drive in the winter or extreme colds with an air suspension is lying to you.

Anyway..good luck with whatever you decide to do. And trust me on this....make sure you do your homework on this...and on your cars suspension set up. You won't be sorry! wink.gif

L8TR........
Old 10-15-2001 | 07:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Well that just shot down all the high hopes i had for an adjustable suspension. Damn.. Hey do you know anything about coilovers. I have heard that when you want to adjust there height you have to take it to a wheel shop and have it put on a lift, adjusted and then aligned with the laser machine thing to make sure that each one is perfectly set at the same height. Any info would be cool since my ideas of airbags are gone

Thanks