Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Time To Get In Shape

Old 04-12-2005 | 02:38 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I wouldn't use fat burner. Cause your organism becomes uccostomed to fat burner (that it will help to burn fat). You will loose some weight. But after you stop taking fat burner body will be more fat then it was before (cause organism thinks that there is fat burner, that will help).

Be carefull with that stuff.
Old 04-12-2005 | 02:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, I've been watching what I've been eating pretty hard for the past 2.5 months now, wanting to get back to 210 to 200 by the end of summer, and so far I've lost 16 pounds. Can't wait till I can start doing some real exercising again. Or when the pool opens.
Old 04-12-2005 | 03:00 PM

That's pretty good Redz, 16lbs is quite an achievement. I weighed 223lbs in January, after the surgery, strict dieting and runnning, I now weigh 196. I used to be 245 a year ago but that was from lifting very heavy weights. Now I just try to be lean. Not bad for a 30something.
Old 04-12-2005 | 03:39 PM

I'll tell you right now do NOT take anything...Creitine...sends water to the muscles you work and the size you see is just swelling from increased amount of water there...nothing more...fat burners make your body dependant upon them and when you stop taking them, you're gonna put on more weight than you thought you could, and it'll be cellulite. Best thing you could do is continue a steady diet, excercise regularly, and be smart when you're conditioning and not try to show off. People trying to show off in the weight room end up in slings and on operating tables during the summer. I put on 40 pounds my first year at college, I've taken off 15 again, but now I'm not losing as much weight because my muscle mass is outweighing the fat...I've put on 2 1/2 inches on my biceps, 3 inches on my chest, and taken an inch and a half off my waist in a little under 2 months...best thing to change is to cut out soda from your diet and drink a lot more water.
Old 04-12-2005 | 04:24 PM

Bowflex is great, my dad and I use it. Before I got this hip problem (feels like a pinched nerve) that doctors can't figure out I ran a little over 3.5 miles every other day while doing bowflex the days that I wasn't running. So I was working out everyday, your'e not supposed to but I had VERY noticable gains. On top of that I didn't have more than 20 grams of fat a day, was playing travel soccer, and after going to a tournament in Sweden I think I overdid it and now I've been off for almost 8 months and I've gained over 50 lbs. 02.gif

I think almost everyone gets into that crazy "I have to work out or I'm going to feel horrible" phase at least once in their life.
Old 04-12-2005 | 04:32 PM

ya iv been on the bow flex for about 5 months and i love it. iv also been doing kickboxing for 2 months now to try and bulk up a bit, have to look good for the summer laugh.gif
Old 04-12-2005 | 04:54 PM

Don't waste time and money on supplements other than a good whey powder and high quality multivitamins. You'll know when you need to start using other things, and it's not when you have a spare tire.

If you want to speed up your metabolism, try eating six small meals a day instead of the two-three large ones most people eat. And get protein, healthy fat and as many veggies as you can stand with every meal. No need to mess with stimulants like Hydroxycut that affect your nervouus system. Pre and post workout meals are the most important. That's the gist of what I did to drop 40lbs. I still have another 10lbs to go that might actually come off if I gave up beer, but that's a sacrifice I just can't make. I need at least one a week.

www.bodybuilding.com has a ridiculous amount of articles on every aspect of health. I learned a lot from there, especially on controlling insulin.
Old 04-12-2005 | 05:33 PM

hahaha oh yea beers a definite killer. thats key in weight loss. cut down on, if not completely cut out alcohol. hardcore source of empty calories.
Old 04-12-2005 | 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

screw pills. the problem lies in people wanting to take pills. get out, go do something. letting something else loose weight for you(which in almost every case has questionable health affects) is just promoting laziness.
Old 04-12-2005 | 10:27 PM

Vehicle: Honda

I've found watching calories and exercising does more for me than the south beach does for my brother. wink1.gif