Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Tiburon Pillow

Old 03-03-2008 | 12:57 AM

you can't deny it, everybody LOVES customized pillows.

here are some pics of the pillow-making in progress.

to get the logo/letters to come out the way i wanted, i print out the images on regular paper, cut it out and tape it reversed on a soft fabric, i used this spray:

to spray over the paper/fabric so it's easier to cut the fabric rather than cutting that with paper-cut-out on it. here's couple of pics of what i'm talkin about:

once i'm done with cutting the logo/words, i put it on the fabric and pin em down, and then cut out the square around it for the pillow:

just a neat pic josh wanted to take:

here's couple of pics of the tiburon pillow-in-progress i managed to take snap of with my old camera:

i use a soft, kinda fuzzy fabric for the logo/wording, and once i finish sewing that on the face of the pillow, i use sewing machine and sew the same soft fabric to the back of the pillow, for unique styling and comfort fing02.gif

here's some pics of the finished pillows, and how much i love them laugh.gif

if you REALLY REALLY REALLY want one, i suppose i could make you one, BUT ONE PERSON AT A TIME, and i will request money (preferably paypal) in order to purchase the materials, such as the fabrics and threads, and the shipping.

i wasn't sure whether i should put this in off-topic or diy, since i ended up explaining how i make them lol.
Old 03-03-2008 | 03:29 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ooh you know you've got me hooked! but i have to think about how it's going to go down. you're incredibly creative!

Old 03-03-2008 | 04:22 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I kinda want one too. What happened to the Hyundai symbol?
Old 03-03-2008 | 09:48 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Not bad, whatd it cost ya?
Old 03-04-2008 | 12:57 PM

thanks hkc, very creative is me alright, not only do i make jewelry and pillows, i'm also good at drawing, acrylic painting, dancing, pottery, and the list goes on .... lol.

I kinda want one too. What happened to the Hyundai symbol?

i still have it, just not cut out yet, and i'm still thinking about which cool fabric i wanna use for the hyundai logo. laugh.gif

Not bad, whatd it cost ya?

oh, most fabrics around here costs me $4 to $8 a yard, it all depends on if i get it from local fabric store, or next town walmart. if i were to sell the tiburon pillow, it'd be about $10. the nissan one, the orange fabric was really expensive, so although it's smaller, it'd be about $10 as well.
Old 03-04-2008 | 08:11 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

i totaly want one with the crooked H in fuzzyness over that orange!! ($20 shipped for custom pillow? tongue.gif )

i cant order it now or anything tho, u could end up pretty busy if u want to sell these... maybe once the rush dies down, ill buy one. only if u continue to make them and dont only make a couple tho... 02.gif

either way seems like a cool idea and i bet alot of people will be interested! fing02.gif
Old 03-04-2008 | 10:47 PM

^ lol well i only made two car embroidery pillows, before those i made about 20 pillows (no embroidery) for myself and my friends. i just got started into making pillows 4 months ago. most of the pillows i made for friends were xmas gift lol hey cheap gifts and they all LOVED it! nothing's better than having pillows that speaks who you are.

takes me about .... oh i'd say 3 or 4 hours to make a pillow, 2 or 3 days for embroidery ones.

and uh, i'm always making jewelry and pillows with my free times when i'm not hangin out with friends or at work. so whenever you do have money, i can always make one for ya wink1.gif that's the best thing about knowing how to make things, cuz you can always make another one, it's not a one-time thing!
Old 03-06-2008 | 11:22 PM

bump for redshark_tiburon to see laugh.gif
Old 03-07-2008 | 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

looking good... hell i will get one once my car is done..

till them we must turn you operation into a global empire.. i will send you a container filled with Chinese's people so you can put them to work in your basement... LOL.
Old 03-07-2008 | 11:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

hahaha. good idea!