Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Thinking about getting an Ouija board

Old 03-10-2013 | 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Tib I4
Default Thinking about getting an Ouija board

People say that its dangerous so now I just to buy it to prove everyone wrong. I think its all in their head. How could a $10 Ouija board from Target or Walmart contain any type of demonic or spiritual powers?
Old 03-10-2013 | 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

A $10 knife will kill somebody as dead as a $100 knife. A $10 door knob opens the door as well as a $100 knob.

If you don't understand what could go wrong, and people who DO understand what could go wrong say it could be a bag full of fuckyouup, why would you NOT listen? $10 or not, don't get a ouija board. If you are around when somebody starts to use one, leave.
Old 03-11-2013 | 04:06 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

It's a dangerous waste of money

Like as far as well known scams and gimmicks go, a ouija board would have to be up there with multi level marketing and crocodile tears. Buy two. Wet the second one and use it as a ouija squeegee board.
Old 03-11-2013 | 11:56 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I know a lot of weird sh*t started happening when I used one. It also correctly predicted several things that happened later in life including the name of my wife (correct, non-typical spelling even) before I had ever met her. There are a few things that haven't happened, yet at least, that I hope are incorrect.

It was one of the most interesting experiences I've had, but now I do not want anything to do with one. Most of the time they DON'T work to any real extent. But when they do it is incredibly weird. It is highly illogical, but somehow they can work. The puck will even slide out from under your fingers on its own.

The more you use it, the better it tends to work. Using the board seems to draw whatever entities you're communicating with like flies to a light bulb. A lot of the entities tend to stick around after being drawn to your location.
Old 03-11-2013 | 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

...and there is no way to know if they are malevolent or benevolent, or what they will do when you show them you wanted to chat.
Old 03-12-2013 | 11:14 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

OOOOH MAGICAL SPIRITS WHATEVER AM I GOING TO DO

If there really is an afterlife, I'll bet the best way to contact it is through a plastic, mass-produced board game from Milton Bradley!

-Mad Magazine

Perhaps a kinder analysis of ouija boards can be found here: http://users.adam.com.au/bstett/Supe...jaBoards92.htm
Old 03-13-2013 | 01:45 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

All I know is it got really weird. And I didn't believe in it one bit.