Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

they finallly got me

Old 04-10-2003, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most cops are usually cool about speed, if your doing more than 20mph over the speed limit, they'll put you at 19mph over, because at 20mph, it's a much bigger fine.

My advice, admit guilt, pay the fine. It's your first ticket, so take traffic school, so it won't go on your record. Move on with life.

Traffic school is avaiable in online courses now too. www.idrivesafely.com costs only like 20 or 25 bux and takes about 3-4 hours to complete an 8 hour course if you can remember stuff by skimming.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:58 AM

Big_Al I see this has you a little worried, I'll see if I can give you any useful information. First off Traffic School (Driver Improvement Course) is not always an option, it depends on wether the judge offers it, He may say something like this; "Guilty, Not guilty or Driving School".
Second If you want to get out of this tickert DO NOT say guilty because once you do, no matter what you say after that the Judge must find you guilty as charged because that was your plea. i know this because I've seen this happen to a woman in traffic court, she gave an explination after pleaing & the Judge told her that he would have dropped the charge but because she pleaded guilty he had to charge her. Now the Judge can reduce the fine but not the points of the conviction. Oh & if you don't plead guilty & tell a good story rolleyes.gif he can charge you with a lesser charge. Like stated above, kissin *** /being polite can pay off, for example I got a Reckless driving ticket on 95 Southbound in Emporia, VA, now I live in Northern VA & a reckless means A MANDATORY appearance, so I go back on my court date & wait over 2 hours & I pleade not guilty & give some BS story about not being familiar with the rental I was driving and the judge charges me $75 & calls it a "Non - Moving Violation". I could've kissed him because it would not show up on my record & no insurance increase.

Ok I know I'm going on & on here but there really is no way to tell what will happen when you go to court, just dress nice, be polite & address the Judge as "Your Honor". Try to get a feel for the Judge's mood while you're listening to the other cases & act accordingly.

Now the Manly thing to do would be to admit your guilt (after all the cop gave you a break) & take your punishment & learn from it.

By the way I've been to traffic court so many times I run out of fingers counting. wink
Old 04-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Al

well here is actually what happend ....tell me if this is a good story or not.

i was getting some water and wasnt watching my speedometer. then after i put it down i knowticed that i was going 75+ and did slow down to 65 but it was too late.....any good you think?
Old 04-10-2003, 11:05 AM

xgkraverx:
there is no prosecutor, yrou nto facing any tiem in jail
Well, maybe where you live..But i wouldnt go and say that for everyplace...

Because i have been in court before for speeding and other stupid crap. And the prosecuter calls people up before the judge comes in....Thats how it's been in the courts i've been in.

First say, your not guilty (if you have not called up and said so) Then they reschedule you for another court date.

when you go back

The prosecuter 9 out of 10 times reduces the points.. After he reduces the points then you would plea Guilty.

-Jordan

[ April 10, 2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: xxTIBxx ]