Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

they finallly got me

Old 04-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Koreandude:
Hey Big_Al, comming from a fellow virginian, i think you should tell us what county/city you got it in. Chesterfield county is a @#$! for getting tickets in. All of my 2 tickets i've ever recieved were from Chesterfield cops. If you don't pay (oppositely, it will cost you $$ and place points on your record possibly 'causing your insurance to go up) and show up to court and this is your first moving violation, 9 times out of 10 they'll send you to driving school and you pay whatever fees for the 8 hour class (i paid $35), loose a sat. and they give you a certificate as proof that you went to driving school when completed and your off.

The second offense within 5 years automatically denies you driving school and you have to pay up. Yes it sucks, chesterfield cops suck (eventhough i have a friend thats a chesterfield cop, he's cool of course )and well, when speeding on I-95 in chesterfield county, be on your toes!!!
No i was pulled in Newport News on my way to Richmond.

so how does amnesty work. i know that it is basicly asking for pardon, but dont i have to base it on something.

EDIT:
FORgot to ask you someting....very stupid questons but i still wat to ask

how do i adress the judge.
Your Honor(that's wth they say in the movies hehe)
Sirr
or jsut plain Judge...i heard ppl do all

[ April 09, 2003, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Big_Al ]
Old 04-08-2003, 10:29 PM

Easy, goto court...the prosecuter will talk to you...
usually, if it is a 4 point ticket, it will be reduced to 2 points, with a bigger fee to pay.

or if its 2 points, they will drop the points, and you will pay a bigger fee..

Id rather pay alittle bit more to get rid of those points..

so make sure u goto court...talk to the prosecuter and then plea gulity once he suggets a lesser charge to the judge..

-Jordan
Old 04-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Al

ok more questions hehe

how do i nkow how many point ticket iam getting ? is there any way to find out before going to =court

and when will i have a chance to talk to my prosecutor? i thought that i just come to court sit in thta room and wait for my turn...one case goes after other

[ April 09, 2003, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Big_Al ]
Old 04-08-2003, 11:24 PM

Yeah you just sit in the court room, the prosecuter will call you up before the judge gets in....

I think 1-19 over speed limit is a 2 point ticket,20 and over is 4 point.

-Jordan
Old 04-09-2003, 01:55 AM

Wait a minute! I did get a ticket in VA. After I was involved in an accident on 64 heading back to the Naval Base in Norfolk. I was issued a ticket/summons for FOLLOWING TO CLOSE and DRIVING TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS.

My court date was on the ticket. I showed up in uniform and basically waited in the congo line until it was my time to stand before the judge. There was no prosecuter, per se. My name was called and I stood up in front of the judge while he read the violation, (which was ultimately dismissed). He said, "Be more careful out there and have a nice day" and I left.

If you have to pay a fine, there is someone there that will tell you exactly what you need to do.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:29 AM

just be glad u don't drive in rhode island.....they discriminate SOOOOO badly. all i EVER see is teenagers in cars...i've seen a woman in an SUV talking on her cell go past a cop at 65 in a 45, and not get pulled over. i've seen a teenager in a beat up old accord get pulled over doing 50 in the same place. i'd like to shove a radar gun down each RI state trooper's throat... flaming_ flaming_
Old 04-09-2003, 01:15 PM

there is no prosecutor, yrou nto facing any tiem in jail, lol traffic court is mainly you as the defendent and the cop(if he shows up)is the plaintiff. the judge will ask for your side of the storyand at that ime you will adress him with something liek this...

your honor, i realize that i made a mistake. i would apreciate if the court will look at my pass driving record to prove/show/illustrate that prior to this incident my driving record was perfect. i would hate to be punished for an indefinite period of time due to a split lapse in my judgment. on the basis that prior to this incident for the past(how ever many year you been driving) my record has not showed any similar incidents or problems i ask the court to grant me a pardon. i know that this incident has made me realize that one cannot take driving forgranted and cannot assume that driving is a routine,this was my first lapse in judgement and my last, thank you

...i think that with enough *** kissing action the judge will look that you have a clean record and grant you the pardon. in florida its a law, the second you mention, yur honor this is my first driving offense, may i plase be excused form it? the judge hits the gravel and its done.

so good luck
Old 04-09-2003, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Hootie:
I showed up in uniform and basically waited in the congo line until it was my time to stand before the judge.
Damn, I need to hit up the Army/Navy store.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

newport news courts can be a beeatch (hampton too). unless you plan on getting a lawyer and fighting it, just mail it in. it's probably not worth your time to go and sit in court all day, except for the amusement factor of seeing some REALLY stupid people. plus, i don't think you really want to park you ride in downtown newport news. the cop only gave you 74 in a 55. my guess is you were going faster than that and he cut you a break (20mph over the limit is reckless driving). you'll get 2 points OFF your license (in VA you start with 6 and they subtract them). sign up for the driver improvement course and you can get them back.
Old 04-10-2003, 02:52 AM
Al

what is " driver improvement " corse?
is it possible to extend teh deadline when i got to pay the ticket by?

and are there any other extra charges besides 5 for each mille?

oh yeah and i was going over 75 for sure i got lucky. damn cop didnt even ask me if i knnew why he pulled me over just asked for the licence asked if i was 18 and then said he was going to write me a ticket for 74 cry