Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Thank Goodness For The Warranty

Old 08-04-2005, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

No, more like I am the 5th owner of the Tibby tongue.gif

Yep once I get the new tranny I will have to baby it..not a problem for me either. Hopefully this will be the last big thing that goes wrong with the tibby!
Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 AM

QUOTE (SwiftTiburon @ Aug 3 2005, 03:09 PM)
Without this Hyundai warranty I would be screwed right now. I posted here on RD in the engine/tranny section cause my tibby looked like it was having tranny problems. (Tranny would slip, get into 2nd and 4th gear real late, sometimes wouldnt get into 4th etc.) Before I went to a dealer, I went to a tranny place, got confirmed that there were problems but I was told it just might be a faulty solenoid or wiring issues. Then after knowing there were tranny issues for sure, I went to a different dealer (hate the one I got my car from.. its soo bad) and told them what was up. All I expected was some sort of tranny part to be replaced and thats all. I get a call a couple of hours later and they told me I need a whole new tranny and its covered under warranty. Music to my ears hearing the word "warranty"..haha. The dealer was really nice too, the dealership seemed more organized and such..it was worth the 14 mile trip. Since the Tib will be gone for a few days I have to drive the ugly Nissan Sentra we have as a spare car..ehh slow and ugly but oh well it's reliable too and will take me to central NY (to see teh bf) this week. Though there might not be a point to this thread, I thought I'd share how much I love Hyundai and their warranty...but I am still pretty pissed my tranny went out at 50k. Either past owners murdered it or its true that automatics suck. smile.gif

Holy crap. This is EXACTLY what happened to me. At around 45,000 my trans went. It would just rev up when getting into 3rd gear. Do you know how much that sucked driving from the Raritan toll plaza on the Parkway to Sewaren? lol. I got it towed to Sansone (ugh... I think I told you that mess) and had my trans replaced... twice... for free. Thank God though that it went when it did so now I don't have to worry about it for a while, lol. Did you get your Tib from Sansone? I don't remember. If you did, yeah... SOOOOOOO bad is an understatement, lol.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:31 PM

QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild @ Aug 3 2005, 08:10 PM)
my hyundai wont honor the warrenty at all, even when my mani was a recall they wanted me to pay for it. mad.gif

You should go to another dealer because a warranty is a warranty. Unless you're the 2nd owner or are over mileage.

That's why I told you Swift to take it to the dealer. If there's a problem, the dealer is the first place I go unless it's something I can fix myself. Got my tranny replaced at 70K when it went bad (getting stuck in low gears) and I've had all kinds of stupid sensors replaced for free because of the warranty. Glad to hear that everything worked out for you.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:26 PM

QUOTE (ToXiC_LovE @ Aug 5 2005, 01:38 PM)
Holy crap. This is EXACTLY what happened to me. At around 45,000 my trans went. It would just rev up when getting into 3rd gear. Do you know how much that sucked driving from the Raritan toll plaza on the Parkway to Sewaren? lol. I got it towed to Sansone (ugh... I think I told you that mess) and had my trans replaced... twice... for free. Thank God though that it went when it did so now I don't have to worry about it for a while, lol. Did you get your Tib from Sansone? I don't remember. If you did, yeah... SOOOOOOO bad is an understatement, lol.

lol! wow thats weird that this also happened to you. Yes I got my car at Sansones mad.gif but this time i didnt take it there to get fixed or checked. I went to another Hyundai dealer on 22 and they were more organized and friendly. I put my car in there Wednesday and it's already finished today. In Sansones it would take a week or more. hehe hopefully this time all will be good with the tranny!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:48 AM

I wish I would have known about that dealer, lol.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:25 AM

^lol

Well now you do, so if anything you can always go there. smile.gif

Edit: My tibby is actually finished! Took the dealer one day to put in the tranny. Hot sh-t wink1.gif Too bad I cant drive it cause Im here in NY with the Sentra. 02.gif
Old 08-08-2005, 02:20 PM

I'm the second owner of the car and I'm just around 63k miles, so it's been a while since I past the 60k mark. Seeing that I'm the second owner of the car, is my tranny covered for 100k or just the ridiculous 60k? Seeing how cheap the trannies are in general, I HOPE it's covered for 100,000 mi. It just doesn't make sense to me that Hyundai did that, for the previous owner could've beat the hell out of the car up till 56k or whatever it was for me then traded it in. Well, if it is covered under warranty, whenever it starts going bad I'm going to replace it with a brand new one AND put in the Permacool tranny cooler that's on HP.com.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:00 PM

QUOTE (2kShark @ Aug 8 2005, 04:20 PM)
I'm the second owner of the car and I'm just around 63k miles, so it's been a while since I past the 60k mark. Seeing that I'm the second owner of the car, is my tranny covered for 100k or just the ridiculous 60k? Seeing how cheap the trannies are in general, I HOPE it's covered for 100,000 mi. It just doesn't make sense to me that Hyundai did that, for the previous owner could've beat the hell out of the car up till 56k or whatever it was for me then traded it in. Well, if it is covered under warranty, whenever it starts going bad I'm going to replace it with a brand new one AND put in the Permacool tranny cooler that's on HP.com.

Do you have an auto or manual??

Im not sure how long your tranny is covered for..Im pretty sure its up to 60k since your the second owner. Dont quote me though. Do regular tranny check ups and get it checked out once you feel something is wrong. I knew my tranny was going to go bad months ago..but unfortunately nothing could be done about it.