Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Team SR

Old 08-09-2001, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had to do it.....

I signed-up and posted a reply to that thread using a unique name. The most excellent thing about there forum is you get to pick an icon and I picked this dude laughing! LOL They'll be pissed!

Ooops sorry, did I do that?

My reply

eek.gif

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: CyberGreg ]
Old 08-09-2001, 03:10 AM

They sure are pissing me off...I know that Nice reply by the way wink.gif
Old 08-09-2001, 03:14 AM

I would have signed up as well and did a little honduh bashing, but I don't want to even affiliate myself with those low life
$h!t heads. They know they are jealous of us and that's fine...and as you said, if I wanted a honduh pos I would have gotten one..instead I got my tib and I sure do get compliments on it, something that a civic doesn't get. Why? Cuz they all look the same and everyone has one..now tell me why that's better?
Old 08-09-2001, 05:54 AM

RedShark - "They all look the same"! LOL!

Okay, I'm done - the thread is locked - they're pissed.

PS I don't know who sent the Honduh dude the flame email but that was stupid!
Old 08-09-2001, 08:34 AM

There sticker looks hot though. Just cut off them bottom part and use it as this Team SR.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:30 AM

I don't know who sent that email but it was wrong if you ask me. Like yam and that other dude said, I think it's wrong for people to go bash on other peoples sites. The only reason they came here in the first place was to get a rise out of us and have us bash him in. That's what they want and that's why I didn't post anything on that site. I don't think it's fair, now for us to bash another on our sites...that's what flame is for.
Atleast it seems to be over so all is good again. wink.gif
Old 08-09-2001, 01:03 PM

Little misunderstanding...there was no "flame" email. That email was sent by myself to the mods of that page to take off my home address and phone number, which someone had put up there. The mods over there are really cool and even apologized for the other SR civic guys who "are just mostly kids." However, whooever was posting flame stuff over there just put yourself down to their level....guys lets show them that hyundai owners wont stoop down to their level of name calling, etc. in the future...
Old 08-09-2001, 11:53 PM

Looks to me like a flame email:

AND I got this in my email today:

"Hey I think u guys all suck a*s you and your ****ing HONDAS **** THOSE
POS cars. Your site should be shut down because my car clbs site TEAM-SR
the real SR is the sh*t and yours sucks."

I took the persons name out.
Old 08-10-2001, 01:30 AM

That was different...I think SPike might have sent that one...I dont think it went to the moderators of the forum though, just one of the kid members.
Old 08-10-2001, 02:52 AM

Craziness, all of it.
The argument will never get anywhere, and everyone on both sides of the fence knows it. I mean, the best refute to Yam's breakdown of cost vs. performance was:

"i dont know, all that may be true, but dude you are still driving a hyundai sad.gif "
...sigh...
...feeling a rant build up...
It's sad when people have either forgotten their roots, or are too caught up in "image" to even bother to research where they're coming from. Ten years ago Honda was in exactly the same place Hyundai is now. They had a history of crap econo-boxes with a suiting reputation. They had even less excuse for this than Hyundai does. We can blame our past on the crap engines Mitsubishi was making. Honda was making their own crap engines. But, they worked HARD to change their image, and it payed off for the most part. They have improved their cars, and gained a following.

Now another company is trying to pull themselves into a better light, and these Honda supporters are trying to prevent this from happening. It's the import equivalent of MicroSoft. Scramble to the top and step on the fingers of any of the other climbers that might be making it up there as well. They're trying to fight the very system that granted them their own success in the first place. But what personal gains could there possibly be in this? Have these people vested all the money they haven't blown on their car into Honda stock? Are they even old enough to buy stock? Where is the gain in one person's prejudice against another's car? If nothing else, it makes me all the more adamant about KEEPING my Tiburon, and pushing it to its performance limits.

But most likely, all of this logic is lost on the tykes in Team Steam. They're kids. They don't know jack about their cars, except for what they've read in the Owner's manual, and what little nuggets of wisdom they've picked up here and there from "Sporadik," the Honda-loving evil twin brother of our beloved Random. They buy bolt-on improvements that they can do in a weekend. If they take on something bigger, they take it to a professional because they either don't have the know-how, or can't be bothered to get their hands dirtied with the process of improving their car. But mostly, they just don't know (care) about where Honda is coming from. The faux carbon fibre H emblem is just another label that happens to color coordinate with their Tommy Hilfiger crew socks and their girlfriend's EXP purse.

Team Steam claims to be different, though.

"We all know Steamed Rice is just a big joke... these people just don't "get it". "

They feel they are only doing this in jest, to make a mockery of those who take the import scene seriously, and the wannabes that sticker out their cars but do nothing to give actual performance gains.

"i dont know, all that may be true, but dude you are still driving a hyundai"

Naah. They're the same.

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Iago ]