Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Is supporting wikileaks Un-american?

Old 02-10-2011 | 06:24 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

I am aware of that but was making the connection between supporting and not supporting the government.

Higher powers have the ability to deem certain items/documents/incidents as TOP SECRET and can be tucked away neatly until they are forgotten about.

Has anyone ever watched any 9/11 theory videos? Does anyone think that for even a millisecond that what they are seeing could be true, maybe the entire attack was staged? Would that be un-American or even un-Canadian to think?

PLEASE dont take this as me being a supporter of WikiLeaks im simply opening the floor to a larger realm of conversation.
Old 02-10-2011 | 12:28 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I am familiar with the existence and general idea of Wikileaks, but don't keep up on what they're releasing, etc.

Supporting a government you disagree with is the opposite of patriotism. Patriots not supporting a crappy government is exactly how our nation formed in the first place.

At the end of the day, anything being concealed from the public to cover up questionable activities should be fine to release from an ethical standpoint. Plans of the Death Star showing it's weaknesses, not so much.
Old 02-10-2011 | 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 99 accent

I see the government as an enemy of the people so anything that stops it from doing whatever it wants in secrecy is good thing.