Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

The Supercharged Coupe Has Gone

Old 06-15-2005 | 11:21 AM

I grew up in a hard riding MGBGT. It is where my love of sports cars comes from.

It looks great, Xorro.. got any plans for it?
Old 06-15-2005 | 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

very nice car... sucks to see ya get rid of your car though. your ride was very impressive.

looking at the side profile of the MG, to me it resembles a Lancer
Old 06-15-2005 | 01:46 PM

That car is very nice..I like it alot!!
Old 06-15-2005 | 11:06 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Nice car Zoe!

Isn't MG/Rover going out of business though?

A bunch of brand new ones just went under the hammer here in Sydney just recenly... Getting auctioned off for thousands less than the normal ticket price laugh.gif (but with no warranty 02.gif ).

Being an English company though you'll prolly have no problems with parts & service.
Old 06-15-2005 | 11:22 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

WOW Zoe, I cannot believe you sold the coupe! well, thank you for creating and keeping UKCS. it'll still be my number one.

from a Hyundai to an MG, that's progress. i like it because it's a real sporty sedan. Can you tell us some of the differences you feel between your supercharged coupe and this sedan?
Old 06-15-2005 | 11:53 PM

hey zoe

sad to see it go..

btw i was going to email you the other day.. for some weird reason i cant post in your forums..

It give me an error message everytime...

oh well

sad to see the s/c coupe go..
02.gif
Old 06-16-2005 | 01:44 AM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

Isn't MG/Rover going out of business though?

It is, but there is no problem with parts over here. I bought to from a dealer (Vauxhall, not Rover/MG) and they gave me 12 months warranty with the car.
I'd read on the MG forums that a load were being auctioned off in Oz. As I said my car is 9 months old, but I got myself a bargain as it was £10,000 less than a brand new one! I haven't seen another go this cheap, but I did have to travel 100 miles to get it.

Can you tell us some of the differences you feel between your supercharged coupe and this sedan?

This is the first 4 door car I've owned and also the first saloon. Considering this, it has a sporty feel to it, the steering is heavy enough to give you good feedback without it being difficult to steer. The handling is superb, which I'm sure my boss will testify to after I put my foot down on a roundabout, lol.
Power delivery is good, and I really like the V6. I did test drive the new Tib but found it to be a bit claustrophobic and TBH the MG pulls better than the Tib.

All in all its been a better choice than I first imagined and I don't really miss the Coupe, although its weird to boot the car and not hear the s/c whine, but the V6 growl is a good replacement laugh.gif

or some weird reason i cant post in your forums

EzBoard got hacked the other week and we have lost members and hundreds of posts, hopefully iy will be rectified soon.