Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Subaru Impreza 2.5RS help

Old 11-04-2002 | 06:32 AM

Default Subaru Impreza 2.5RS help

Hey, i've been doing alot of thinking about plans for my car or maybe buying a new car sometime next year. I really don't have alot of money so i can't buy a WRX(like i want), i was looking at the older imprezas and i am really starting to like those cars. My question is, does anyone know of any sites, forums, or stores secializing in these cars. I know there are tons for the WRX, but i have been having trouble finding any good ones for this car. Thanks in advance. I don't know if i'm serious, but i wanted to learn as much as i can. One thing is for sure, it would be real hard to give up the tiburon....oh well, thanks again....later

[ November 04, 2002, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Emagdnim ]
Old 11-04-2002 | 01:49 PM

My advice will be to go on those WRX sites and look for links. You will definitely get something....or do searches on those WRX sites too. tongue.gif
Old 11-04-2002 | 03:51 PM

i-club.com
Its so big, most of the time your questions have been answered months ago. So use that search function!

Which 2.5RS are you looking into? 2002 2.5RS's or GC8(pre2002) bodies?

Heres some info you might want to know about the 2.5RS:
Alot of low end torque vs the WRX's.
Alot of 2.5RS's here can kick our asses in the Autocross.
COBB Tuning does alot of NA work for 2.5RS stuff. Like pistons, headers, etc, but you will find an aftermarket a lil bigger than the Tiburon aftermarket.
Ludespeed has aftermarket turbo kits for the 2.5RS
EJ25's such a cool engine also...alot of ppl are looking into Subaru H6 conversions though.
If you got any other questions, you can pm me.
Old 11-04-2002 | 06:04 PM

wow thanks for all the info guys, i'm really now sure about the body style, i didn't know they made am RS after 2001, which is why i need to do alot more research. I don't know, i really like Subaru and i have always liked those cars. Its something i really would like to look into. Anyway i'll check out that site and see whats up....thanks again all.......