Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Students? Anyone Else Take Summer Classes?

Old 07-21-2008 | 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Finishing up my classes over the course of the next 3 semesters. I'm taking one class as I work this summer (evening class, 2hrs, 2x/week), and it really keeps me busy.
15 credits next semester, graduate at the end of next summer.
Old 07-21-2008 | 10:09 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

When I transferred universities, there were a few new classes I needed, so to catch up I took 15 at my main university, 3 online, and 3 at a night class at another university 30 miles away. 21 hours total for a fall semester. Since the night class was only once a week, I was also working 15 hours/wk at an internship. I didn't learn much that semester, didn't sleep much either, but I got it done! I was commuting as well... living on campus makes it so much easier, but it costs more money than living with the parents.

My wife's looking at finishing up her degree online. She has 5 semesters down from UT Knoxville, only needs 40 more hours for her B.S. I think. I'll start a topic on that...
Old 07-21-2008 | 10:46 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Design degree coming out of University of Maryland. After I get my bachelors I will aim to go to Royal College of Art in London. Right now it's too early to say and the standards way high but whether it's CAD, production design, graphic design, most are good jobs close to home that I'll be best at.

Being bilingual+ helps.
Old 07-22-2008 | 07:04 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Did you finally get into U of M? I remember you having a little bit of a battle with them...