Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

A story about losing faith

Old 05-07-2012 | 03:19 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Sorry.

The bible isn't updated, but I was more questioning how a church is allowed to discriminate based on sexual grounds? Any other organisation would get torn apart for having such a policy!
Old 05-07-2012 | 07:13 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think her question about how can God let people suffer, or torment people for eternity (whatever the original comment was) may be focusing on things that happen in the world. Bombing, terrorism, murders, natural disasters, etc. Her perspective was that if a God exists, he is passively allowing it to happen by not keeping it from happening, though, I feel it's free will and the result of our actions as society that allows most things to happen. We have become our own adversary, we fight against ourselves (humanity); we are our own satan.

I disagree with theology in this thread so I'm gonna bounce from this discussion
Old 05-07-2012 | 08:06 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Sorry...couldnt resist

Old 05-07-2012 | 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

Originally Posted by majik
I think her question about how can God let people suffer, or torment people for eternity (whatever the original comment was) may be focusing on things that happen in the world. Bombing, terrorism, murders, natural disasters, etc. Her perspective was that if a God exists, he is passively allowing it to happen by not keeping it from happening, though, I feel it's free will and the result of our actions as society that allows most things to happen. We have become our own adversary, we fight against ourselves (humanity); we are our own satan.

No.... she specifically says for an eternity, which can only really imply hell But I still agree with you statement below that.