Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

this stock just fell on it's face

Old 08-10-2010 | 12:08 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default this stock just fell on it's face

Check this out... http://www.google.com/finance?q=OTC:EMLL

They just dropped 99.2% today, from a price of $0.25 per share to $0.0023 (where I bought in). I just thought if anyone was looking at getting in a stock, this one might be a looker. Apparently the price is far less then their current value.

So far today I've made a bit of money on it.. That's all I really know... I'm waiting on the so called dead cat bounce... even a dead cat will bounce if dropped from high enough.
Old 08-10-2010 | 12:20 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Nice! Just called up my stock broker and told him to buy me 40,000 shares of it. Thats only $100, so its not a big deal if I lose it. But, if they do go up in price...then that'll be a sweet little investment for sure.
Old 08-10-2010 | 12:28 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

so... what method did you use to purchase this, DTN?
Old 08-10-2010 | 12:39 PM
DTN

I go through my bank, USAA. There's many other methods like etrade or whatever... I just prefer my bank because I can transfer money in and out easily.
Old 08-10-2010 | 12:48 PM
Administrator

BofA was just offering some services through Merrill... maybe I'll look into that. http://www.merrilledge.com/m/pages/self-di...spx?src_cd=BAC1

I don't want something with monthly fees, as I'd be buying/selling very infrequently, and probably holding more than processing transactions.
Old 08-10-2010 | 04:35 PM
DTN

USAA gave me 100 free transaction. I used them in 2 months. Now as long as I maintain 45 transactions in 3 months, I pay $5 per transaction. If I drop down to less, I end up having to pay $12 per transaction or .5%. Etrade has a flat $5. It may be better to go with them, but basically my bank serves as a full finance console and it's easier this way.
Old 08-10-2010 | 04:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

So why did this stock nose dive. That is usually an important point. Did all their factories burn down or something?
Old 08-10-2010 | 05:12 PM
Administrator

lol ^^ I hope not. They manufacture cigars. That'd be an interesting city to be in if their plant burned down.
Old 08-10-2010 | 05:12 PM
Administrator

http://www.toonicestocks.com/news/365-otc-...-emll-ygdc-ngrn
El Mandel International Inc (OTC: EMLL) - EMLL is a development-stage company focuses on manufacturing and distributing cigars under the PLC brand name. The company has released no news recently but has experience a high volume loss today. The Stock is down today to a low of $.0032 so far. Stay tuned for updates on the strange movements.
Old 08-10-2010 | 06:20 PM
DTN

If you want the hot juiciness, then you should probly look at http://www.thehotpennystocks.com/
http://www.thehotpennystocks.com/Sto...es/?stock=EMLL is the page for EMLL. Not really much on here, but if anyone finds anything out they will tell.

If it's a good stock, or time to sell then it will be featured on http://www.stockroach.com/
Stockroach.com provides 2 types of alerts.. paid and non-paid. When they are paid alerts, usually that means that someone has bought a ton of a penny stock and they are having problems getting rid of it. If they get people interested, then more people will buy for the same price. If they get a bunch of penny stock sites to feature their stock, the stock can actually raise in value. Stockroach is one of those "pump and dump" sites.
When they are non-paid alerts, they are usually spot-on-it. Stockroach's non-paid alerts are pretty good for making a profit.
If you play stockroach's picks, it's -generally- a good idea to get in at market open and sell 3 hours later. Sometimes, if a stock is good, or if it has been pumped up enough it can have a multi-day run.

From my research on this stock, it's been around for about 5 months. It had extremely low volume, it's highest trade was around 15,000 shares. It was very sparcely traded. Then, out of the blue, some large share holder, be it the company itself, or a existing shareholder trying to get back some money sold the shares that they owned at dirt cheap prices. That's what happened today. This stock is now sitting at a volume of 69.5 million shares traded in a day. To me this says that someone did a serious dump without a pump first. Still, the dead cat play is in full effect and from my past experience with severe declines, I expect to see this rise to .005-.03 within the next two weeks. Keep an eye on it for a downtrend though. I was reading somewhere that there was a 50-1 split recently. This does not account for a 99% loss in value though. There is some serious support here. This stock was owned and traded at a much higher price today, so we've basically set a new support level at the price we've paid for it. This is the highest volume that this stock has ever seen and at the lowest price. Basically, that usually means we're at ground zero. This thing could be highly volitile depending on news or lack of news from the company. If it goes on for a few weeks with low volume, it could just be that the stock will start decreasing in price as people lose interest.

I'm by no means a professional nor should you take my advice as gospel, I've just been playing penny stocks for a while. I'd expect stockroach to get ahold of this puppy soon and pump it up. Don't try to play brand loyalty with this though... Once you're happy with it, ditch it.