Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Sponsorship?

Old 09-12-2008 | 09:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

today i received a phone call from a car sponsorship web site, because a while back i applied to see what would happen. They said that my car got accepted and that i could be sponsored. they said i could get an intake, rims, w/e all i have to is pay the $90 fee and i could pick whatever. I was thinking about calling them back on monday to get more information. the website seems pretty legit but idk to trust them or not.
Old 09-12-2008 | 09:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Scam.

Anything that makes you pay upfront is bs.
Old 09-12-2008 | 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

carsponsorship.com = FAIL

you don't pay to get sponsored bud trust me. I have 6 sponsors for hunting and tournament archery. I receive products at or below cost and all i did was shoot good. yes, i filled out a application but it was because they asked me to, not cause i felt like i needed to show support for the product.

to get properly sponsored, spend the blood,sweat, and tears it takes (plus a crapload of money)to get your car to as many car shows as possible and to the point you want your car to be. car shows i mean... the ones that actually have company reps at them, not the county sweetcorn feed and car show with you parked next to bubba gump's coyote wagon with truck nutz on the rear bumper.