Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Speeding Ticket And Points Stuff

Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Okay so this afternoon I got a speeding ticket for going 81 in a 65. Previously i got 2 tickets, both of which resulted in 4 points each so I took my special points test and passed. These 2 tickets occurred over a year ago however i got a bs administrative ticket in between that did not result in points. so my question is, how many points do I currently have? I live in Pa and through research I have found that for a year of clean driving 3 points are removed and when you take the points test 2 points are removed, however I don't know if this would have occurred from a starting point of 8 points or if they stop counting at 6 which leaves a multitude of possibilities:

1) they stop counting at 6 -2 for the test -3 for the year without points =1 point + 4 for this = 5, yay, I can still drive
2) they count to 8 -2 for the test-3 for the year without points=3 +4 for this =7, Im f#*ked
3) they stop counting at 6 -2 for the test =4 point + 4 for this = I cant drive
4) they count to 8 -2 for the test =6 +4 for this =10, Im f#*ked

again, I live in Pa, anyone have any insight into this or how I find out the answer?
Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

go to your county clerk's office and ask? Call the police department (not 911) and see if they have access.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:46 PM

i believe u can request copy of your driving record which should tell you. i have 4 pts now
Old 11-08-2008, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

The record you can request doesn't show the points awarded, just names the offenses, I guess I'll have to try and talk to someone on Monday.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:44 AM

offtopic.gif I know speeding is bad and illegal, but sometimes, it happens, why didnt you use and of those ticket doctor people tha ttake care of that stuff?

I got off a 78 in a 45 which was major bs. All i hadda do was pay them and they took care of it, no points no school nada.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned

ahhh.. the tickets i got in my younger years... i had a lawyer when i was 17 take care of about 8 points in a year, then got like 4 more points, then 6 more by the time i was almost 19. got some curfew's for about 6 months (couldnt drive before or after certain times)

i got a great bit of advice.. speeding doesn't make you cooler.. i found that out the hard way.. prob spent about 1500$ on fines, lawyer fees, court costs, etc. in a years time.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:09 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've got some speeding tickets, and other tickets. I've fought some which deserved fighting and won. Some I didn't bother, my more interesting tickets are these. I got a speeding ticket by following a friend who sped up to go around some drunk driver. The cop got me but not my buddy who also pulled over with me. I got a ticket for doing a california stop at a gas station and watched EVERYONE do the same stop while I was getting a ticket. I had a ticket for riding on the hood of a car and the cop told me "you kids out here in east Missoula do things that aren't even in the books". My favorite ticket was the one when I was 16.. You know those "your speed is" signs? Yeah, my friend and I were trying to make the numbers read as high as we could... who'd have thought they had a camera?

Speeding dosn't make you cooler, but it's so much damn fun when you're 16.