Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Space Shuttle Flies Again

Old 07-26-2005, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Congrats on the successful lunch...

I have one problem though.
My family was friends with Ilan Ramons family, to these who don't know, he is the first Israeli astronaut, who died in the recent Columbia disaster.

They knew that something went wrong and still let the operation go on.

And yesterday, they had a problem with one of the sensors, and changed the safety protocol, to allow it to launch with a "minor" defect....

I do believe that they could have sorted that out....

Shish... People never learn....
And know it's not the Thermo isolation piece.... it's the fuel sensor.

Just think that the columbia is a big tiburon, with the TPS not working right...
Sure you can go to the dealership and make the CEL go away...
Old 07-27-2005, 07:06 AM

QUOTE (zoned019 @ Jul 27 2005, 04:47 AM)
I'm still skeptical as to if we ever did land on the moon way back when..
It does make perfect sense why the US would fake it though, gotta be better than them Russians!

If we didn't land on the moon, we better do it soon. The Chinese are eventually planning a trip to the moon. Could you image the permanent damage it would cause to American credibilty if the Chinese could prove that the American Lunar landing was fake?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:49 AM

Check this out....

http://msnbc.com/modules/spaceshuttle/discoverylaunch/

The onboard one is the stuff.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:56 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

my dad did the QA on the 3 main Engines and the MMU "there jet back back"
maybe i can get you some specs.. i know this the rocket cones you know the three in the back you can touch them at full power. they are cooled with liquid o2
cool
Old 07-27-2005, 09:23 AM

QUOTE (zoned019 @ Jul 26 2005, 10:47 PM)
I'm still skeptical as to if we ever did land on the moon way back when..
It does make perfect sense why the US would fake it though, gotta be better than them Russians!

i personally dont think we did, did anyone see that documentary about the landing on the moon and how it was a hoax? i mean if we did, why havnt we been back? and that documentary said something like 60 or 70% of the people involved are now dead either from shuttles crashing or car wrecks or murders. they had video and photos from "on the moon" and one showed the flag waving (no wind) another showed when the pod took off the dust settled back down (cant) another showed a picture of the shuttle and there were 2 light sources (the only one would be the sun) and the part facing away from the sun was in perfect view.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:20 AM

That video was incredible The external fuel tank shot was the best. It just amazes me of the sheer power that thing has when launched and being able to see it. That was cool to see the fire/heat coming off the shuttle as it goes thru the atmostphere.

There will always be skepticals with everything. Im sure that when we do go back to the moon and show pictures/video of the flag and lunar lander and the stuff we left there people will still say it was fake. So untill I see proof, I do belive that we were there.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Here's what I want to know.

If it's fake, then who is placing the landers and flags in my telescope when I look at the moon at night?

As for damage and such, it wasn't thought of before, and there were no procedures for repairing damage in space that was caused during liftoff. They have protocol for it now.

But fact is, accidents happen, always will.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I'd like to know what telescope you are using to be able to see the landers and flag with. It would have to be MASSIVE.

I know we did go to the moon at least once, it was in the 80's though for the filming of Superman. haha.gif
Old 07-27-2005, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
Come on doode, you get 2 magnifying glasses and tape them to the ends of a toilet paper tube.

Geesh.