Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Some Snowboarding Pictures

Old 12-19-2005 | 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

after reading this, im really considering saving up some money and doing it next year.
http://www.ski-europe.com/why/why.html

have fun patreezy, and get a new memory card for christmas. wink1.gif
Old 12-19-2005 | 08:16 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

don't really need to save up much tibby01. Not where i'm from at least. If you have a slope in driving distance, it's usually $10-$40 for the lift ticket and $10-$30 for the gear for the day. just don't buy that tank of NOS this payday wink1.gif
Old 12-19-2005 | 08:44 PM

lmfao...i meant to post a link with that above post.

link added. owned.gif
Old 12-19-2005 | 10:04 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'd be down for a meet sometime!! it would be awsome having a tib snow board meet. a day or night pass is like $50 per person with snowboard rental. and there are easy, medium, difficult hills. the easy one is awsome. just to give you MD/VA/WVA fellas here an idea of how awsome it is i fell down three times in a row and all three times a group of the hottest girls helped pick me up!!

and depending on mow many risks you take you can't really go wrong. it gets slippery at night but just make sure to keep moving and not get in people's ways. usually the people who go faster know how to dodge you. and just stay close tot he ground so you turn better... tuck and roll if you don't think you're gonna pull a james bond.

patreezy, take some pics man!! that's one thing i totally forgot first/last time i snowboarded was a digital camera. hmm it must have been before my birthday...
Old 12-21-2005 | 01:43 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I was disappointed in my snowboarding heaven, "Crystal Mountain"

It was raining @ the base when we got there and the rain continued about halfway up the mountainSo that meant a layer of ice over the fresh powder that had fell the night before, and about three of TEN chair lifts open.

BUt I wasn't about to turn back afer driving through the night cuz of some rain, I mean c'mon it's WASHINGTON. So We got discounted tickets and had the mountain practically to ourselves. What's good is the rain and wind stopped around 9am and it even snowed a little on top of that layer of ice later that day.

It made for perfect landings, on top of fresh powder that only sunk in to that layer of ice, so you had solid landings that didn't hurt if you fell. Fun day overall.

snowboarding just isn't the same without aviators

me

my friend's first time ever snowboarding.
Old 12-21-2005 | 03:02 PM

looks awesome man, sucks about the rain though. that was the ONLY bad thing about wisp. the vert. drop is only 700ft. so i can get down a run in about 30 seconds. the fresh snow was all powder, and their 6 ft. base was insane. im starting to see less and less of the lifts with the board/ski rests on them too. pisses me off. ill have a video uploaded in a bit. its 60 megs, but whatev

did your buddy fall after that jump? looks kinda like the board is going to straighten itself out with his turned body...lol
Old 12-21-2005 | 03:07 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

in that picture he landed it. It was his third try, he skates a lot with me so snowboarding was no biggie. He actually grabs his board with his back hand behind his legs (backside grab) and tweaks it vertically and lands it, but my friend took the pic too early. And I tweak my indy to the side so the board is parallel with the camera view, but..

..just wish my friend could take better pictures, I don't blame him though his hands/body were freezing and he had to press tiny ass buttons with wet gloves on.

I have never seen those ski/board rest bars that fold down, I think every 4person+ lift should have them. Come in handy.
Old 12-21-2005 | 03:23 PM

Looks awesome guys! I cant wait for my trip. Right now I have to deal with all the little HILLS in Minnesota... but come January 6th Ill be at Breckenridge for 7 days tongue.gif Ill be sure to take some pics for you guys fing02.gif

Oh and some info for those of you that dont know Breck:

It previously had a vertical rise 3400 ft... but it now has a new chairlift thats they brag to be the "highest in north america" which drops you off at 12850 ft... hail.gif they say that just that LIFT has a rise of 980ft... Since its brand new i dont know if thats figured into the old overall rise or not tho.

At any rate, Ill probably spend most of my time in the park. Ill have to go up that lift once just to see how hard it is to breath at the top haha, but if i remember right, double black diamonds are the only way down... aka cliff... haha, but we'll see!
Old 12-21-2005 | 03:40 PM

double blacks are FUN!!!

smugglers notch had a triple black i went on. it was outrageous. the cliff part is not bad, its the trees and huge boulders you have to navigate through/over that become a problem.
Old 12-21-2005 | 04:12 PM

and you SNOWBOARD!!? yikes man! haha. I was just basing it off the only other mountain Ive been to; Big Mountain in Montana. The double blacks there were just scarey. It was like a forest on a cliff, and it would never have crossed my mind that there was a run there if there hadnt been a sign. We went down a small part of one and there were SO many trees (and rocks and stuff) that we had to basically inch a long otherwise we couldnt carve fast enough. saw pleanty of skiers fly through it tho. Maybe it wont be that bad, or at least I hope cuz Im definately getting down from there SOME how! haha

I bet it really depends on where your judging. An extreme example is around here; the double blacks are a freakin joke, they arent even fun they are so rediculously easy. but like i said, all we really have are hills... they just like to add "mountain" to the name. weak! haha