Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Some Music I Made

Old 10-28-2006 | 09:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I really like it! Its not depressing and not too jumpy, its just right..the sound just kind of takes you to a different place.

Good work! smile.gif
Old 10-29-2006 | 05:12 PM
DTN

^^ i concour with all. I think it could use some more depth in sound though. Deeper bass and maybe a bit of undertoning some of the mids.
Old 10-29-2006 | 09:19 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hmm, that's as deep as i could get the bass on the program, but when my friend jumps in we'll record his actual bass that he knows how to play.

by deeper sound do you mean a single theme? because there is hardly a foundation. i have yet to discovera cool melody to go by. man i wish his computer hadn't got stolen!!!

do you think you'd play that (or something similar) in your car radio? or would be embarassed to?

thanks DTN
Old 10-29-2006 | 09:55 PM
DTN

Yeah, like a fading square wave or something. If you're using standard computer speakers you won't hear deep bass. I have a 5.1 DTS surround sound hooked to my computer. My computer does not register sound like my car does though. You're hitting maybe.. 300-400hz.. You need drops to like 100. Lay sound across the spectrum, but keep in mind that not everyone can hear the deep stuff.

As far as if I'd listen to it... Check my myspace I listen to techno music / remixes alot. As long as it has bass. I'm a fan of a good bass drop. It keeps me on my seat waiting for it. I like to have some good kick and then every once in a while one deep as heck.

In my oppinion, right at the place where it becomes more twangy near 1:15 or so... I'd really kick the song in with some drums, drops, maybe make it faster.. I dunno. It's a really short song. sounds really good and harmonic so far, but it needs about 2x-4x length. I don't like it when I just start feeling a groove and it stops. Bring back some of the earlier sets like the keyboard at 40 secconds, add something to them, take away something from them. I really like that keyboard at 40 and the melody at 1:10-1:30

I think if you were to undertone the keyboard at 1:00 with another keyboard it would sound badass.

Don't go changing your origonal song based on my ideas. I'm saying the song needs to be longer and i'm giving you suggestions as to how to do it. I'm a fan of good music, and I like what I hear so far, but it needs to be longer.

also, it's a really quick transfer at 50 secconds to the next set.
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:04 PM

I like it. Good job coolthumb.gif
Old 11-19-2006 | 11:46 PM

i just added two songs. one recently in particular. i'd like your opinions on that. adam see if you can hear the bass on that one well from your speakers? it's synth...

anyways, my friends two computers got stolen from his house, and the third one is broken because ti was dropped... so unfortunately that just delays everything.

we're going to use my computer for everything now, but he just has to put the software on it. he's going to do all the remixing, adding all of the funky cool stuff like bass drops and cool efects to relly polish it up. we're also going to upload the finished music up maybe in a different format so it's clearer than mp3.

so far they are all 30 sec. starters that my friend has to unfold. but i think once he adds all of the drums and effects it's really going to sound polished.
Old 11-20-2006 | 03:45 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Glide is an awesome song bro. But I think if you change the bass to a deeper bass and a 1 lower octave, the sogn would be totally cool.
Old 11-20-2006 | 08:58 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Not bad
Old 11-20-2006 | 03:09 PM

thanks guys! oh by the way k-red, you have to submit your music to adaptive sources. like techno -> techno, rock-> rock. techno->electronic music labels...etc. they find out you have potential they can buy your music. problem is you have to have lots of good files and prove to them. kind of like a sponsorship. then they require material later on. my friend's friend is with Nettwerk UK and he's opened for a bunch of bands. (Nettwerk is with Coldplay, they're huge) but his friend is a rapper and DJ so he can do live sets and shows, something I can't do at all. My music is purely for sale.

Thanks for the advice because it will really help. Every song (on the page up to down) is constantly improving now that I know what to do, and I will definitely replace the bass with real lower bass so you surround box guys can really feel it.

They'll be at least 5 minute songs once they're finished up. I'm working on a fourth song now, it's going to be a little softer, i still can't decide on the beat though, Hip Hop beat or techno... what would you like better?
Old 12-06-2006 | 11:41 PM

BUMPERZ!! Got another song up brothas! come check it out and tell me what you think!
Check out Masquerade!