Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

So Long Guys!

Old 03-25-2006 | 08:25 PM

I will admit to thinking about getting a newer car in a year.. but that does not mean I am thinking of getting rid of the tib. There are times you need four seats or a real trunk. Plus I have a LOT of good memories.

Usually, I would not bad mouth anybody on their choice for a car... but why the final parting shot? You could have left on such good terms with us.
Old 03-25-2006 | 09:08 PM

Lol, while even I have to admit that to jump from the Tiburon to a domestic car and claiming that it's "a better car" is, well, humorous and kinda self-defeating, I have noticed that a lot of you hardcore forum guys do tend to bash people when they ditch their tibs for something else because the tibby was having problems. I'm not necessarily saying Hyundai is crap, but I know I will never buy a used one again. But for you guys to bash his choice of car, however funny it might be, without taking into account that the tibs do break quite frequently is just stupid. How many threads are there about broken trannies and such going around? In the newbie guide that Sparticus (I think it was him) wrote about the tibs, and he has quite a few problems listed about the tibs right on there. Hell, there was even a thread awhile back about how many people had blown up their trannies, and last I'd checked, there were a number of people who had messed them up.

But don't get me wrong, I loved my tib for most of the time I had it, and I think it's a wonderful car for the price, and it would've been great if I'd bought it used and it had still had the warranty on it. But just remember, as much as you may not like his or anyone else's pick about a new car, your Tiburon is far from perfect also.
Old 03-25-2006 | 09:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

adios man, good luck.
Old 03-25-2006 | 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Okay, unless you have driven or know anything about Stratus', I think you should just stfu.
Do some research, PROVE they're "shit" and then come back and talk, honestly. Just because we all have tibs doesn't mean they're the greatest cars in the world I'm sort of sick of listening to everyone on this forum talk about how bad every other car is just because it's not a tib. Sure you're entitled to your opinion, but if you're going to be making such a statement as "its a domestic car and i find it humorous that he thinks its better than a tib" and all the others that have been made. As sparticus said, yes, every once in awhile you get a lemon, that's life. lemons come from all manufacturers too. And this guy is leaving and we tell him we hope his new car shits on him? or to not let our feet hit him on the way out? am I still on RDT?? wtf just happened to the good community of tib owners. Kinda makes me sick.

Anyway, dude, flipping your car off? LOL, because how many accidents did you get into? I don't know too much about your story except that you wrecked the tib multiple times, you can't really treat a car like that and expect it to be golden to you. That's all I'm sayin.

Good luck with the stratus, even though I'll agree with most people here when I say it's not really my choice of car (personally I just don't like it) BUT I don't know enough about them (along with 90% of everyone else here) to bash it and say it sucks (like those 90% did)

-pz
Old 03-25-2006 | 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (a_gut @ Mar 25 2006, 07:29 PM)
You followed your own desires about your ride, that's the important part. Don't let the haters tell you different.

We aren't "Haters", there's a method to our madness mang.

QUOTE (SilentSecret @ Mar 25 2006, 08:01 PM)
i didnt even notice him flipping off his car till just now. lmao.gif

congratulations on your new oversized neon smile.gif

WORD. On both accounts, I don't think anyone else really saw that.

QUOTE (Supercow @ Mar 25 2006, 08:19 PM)
now i remember who you are, you used to have that custom gtr front bumper.... if you hate hyundai and your car so much why did you put all that work into it?

btw, I don't think it's hyundai's fault you wrecked so much. lmao.gif

Exactly. He was a COTM, loved his car, put lots of work into it, but always b****ed because it was slow. IT WAS AN AUTOMATIC! He b****ed because something went out electrically, and if I remember right, that was his fault too, some wiring mishap. Then he b****ed about getting into a wreck. Yup, that's Hyundai's fault. Then he buys a good looking kit, molds those ugly ass foglights onto it to be different, and gets pissed off when the mold cracks later. Yup, Hyundai's fault again.

Go blow a AIDS infected donkey doode. You just left the cool side of the tree.

QUOTE (Solohan50 @ Mar 25 2006, 09:08 PM)
I have noticed that a lot of you hardcore forum guys do tend to bash people when they ditch their tibs for something else because the tibby was having problems. I'm not necessarily saying Hyundai is crap, but I know I will never buy a used one again.

No one said the tib was perfect. But, almost every time someone leaves like THIS, it's because they had NO clue what they were doing and ruined a perfectly good car. Look at 97Tibby. Look at KitFox. Shit, look at ANY of these guys that are posting every other week about trading their piece in on another car. Then look at the problems and the lack of knowledge they have about cars. They want a quick fix, and aren't willing to fix what they broke.

As for used cars, that goes anywhere. You need to be very careful when getting one and you also need to realize you are taking a gamble. Lots of folks drive a car they are about to trade in into the GROUND. Like when you get a rental car and do all the things you would never do to another car you had to pay for.

You might wanna research his issues a bit and see what they were and how they came about.

And Zoned. You might wanna learn what you are talking about before you open your mouth.

I'm closing this. Nothing good will come of it. Here's to hoping the NEW owner of that car will visit the site and we can help him or her out.

I'd like to make 2 further notes here.

1. Someone comes and takes a parting shot post like this and tells us all off about what this whole site is about, and we are supposed to sit here and say, "Hey, nice knowin you bud! Best of luck with everything!". Hell no. Immaturity breeds more of it, and I'll be glad to stick my head up and defend this site, our cars, and everything else. As was said earlier, every MFR makes a few lemons now and then. That's not the case in this case.

2. I do know a bit about the Stratus. The military Recruiters use them and I've known plenty of folks with them in and out of the military. They do suck, and the quality isn't that high.
Old 04-03-2006 | 05:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Got this Via PM.

QUOTE (clean2k1shark)
Redz,

Alright dude, calm down a bit. My final post was not:

a) Saying that Dodge was better than Hyundai
b) Saying you guys suck
c) Saying "Screw you guys, good luck building the Hyundai community" with 100% sarcasm. I was being sincere.

I had issues with my car that I had nothing to do about, you, or no one else here would know that because I would never post about it. It is true that a majority of my problems were cosmetically based, however, there things with that car that drove me up the wall (inside rattling is a perfect example). I don't think it's fair for you, or some of the others, to attack me personally, for I didn't do that to you, or the rest of them. I was always a good member of the website and hardly ever bashed anyone's work. My final post was not a "good riddance" to you people, it was a "good riddance" to my Hyundai.

Also, I am not an idiot about vehicles. Sure, I don't know every-single-damn-thing that goes on with cars, but I'm not stupid about what causes issues, that I believe, shouldn't happen to a car.

So, you could continue to judge, and be on the defensive... or, just calm down and not worry about it so much. Sites like these aren't about judging people and their taste in cars, it's about helping people out with their problems. So, if you want to post this up on the forum as a way to verify my post, be my guest; I don't find it necessary to do so myself.

Like I said, good luck building the community and maybe I'll hear from you later.

-Steve

I have a few replies.

1. If you are going to do a "Goodbye" post, you should make sure it's not gonna offend or be taken wrong.

2. Interior Rattling is easily fixed. Most of the fixes are posted on this site. ALL vehicles will get some after decent wear or an accident.

3. Best of luck.