Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

So I'm Back

Old 05-23-2009, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Its been awhile, most probably don't know me, or remember me, but at least I know Liz does from posting in another section.

I've been gone over in the 'Stan and N. Africa to do some things, but its time for me to hang up my battle hat and drive on with life. I'm here in Dayton, OH now as a consultant to the military in the design of new simulations.

I haven't a clue whats been going on in the RD1 world but need some help from the community, especially the heads of old that I originally came to this board with, that would be you Redz, Majik, and others.

So I got in my Tib the other week, first time in nearly a year and a half that I've sat in it. Fired it up and holy hell! I forgot how loud she was with the OBX headers and mandral exhaust. I shut her off, went into the house and drank a beer to do some thinking. You know, I'm just out of that rice burning, fast and furious stage. I'm sure a lot of the folks who have been here for awhile might appreciate what I'm saying.

She needs changed, she needs to quiet down a good bit, but not back to stock. She's completely apart, repainted on the outside and in (engine bay). For 11 year she's had the stock FX body except for the Zefiro hood thats been on her for god, like 7 years. She still pretty much all stock except for the OBX stuff on her.

I've still got that Vader kit sitting in the garage I've had for five years, but I'm not thinking thats me anymore.

She needs sexy not b*tchin or b*tchy (i.e. sharp lines). You guys know what I'm saying?

Talk to me, lets talk quiet performance and exterior looks.

And i'm glad to see the community is still alive.

Rich Brake
Old 05-23-2009, 10:24 AM

I think you posted in the wrong forum dude. Unless there's nudie pics that I'm not seeing.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:38 AM

I've never been a conformer. I just picked one and posted. Trying to keep people on their toes.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

^^ I moved it to the correct spot for you. Welcome back!
Old 05-23-2009, 10:43 AM

getout.gif
Old 05-23-2009, 10:44 AM

Love you too smile.gif
Old 05-23-2009, 10:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Holy wow, it's great to see you back my man.

So you got out?

I'll re read this later and see what kind of advice I can give you. Really good to see you back! Make it down here for the Los Lunas Luau over Labor Day.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:51 AM

Redz,

I got out a few years ago, but have kept going back with a private company to do some other things from Close Personal Protection to Offensive Defensive Measures.

I was recently put into the National Museum of the US Air Force, and frankly, thats kind of when I said, "Alright, I'm done. I'm still alive and in a museum thats dedicated to dead people, I get the hint."

Old 05-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i remember you! been a long long time. glad to hear you came back unscathed.

i can't say what's been going on here. it's been incredibly slow here. nothing too much going on but some of the vendors are keeping orders alive.

the UK forums have slowed down just as much, and switched from good ol' RD to most of the pictures of GK. the Genesis Coupe is the car to be on the look out for. That thing is SWEET (except for the poopy front bumper). I saw a few of them in and out. It's ultimate nightmare for all of the sh*t talkers and non-Hyundai owners and I love it.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

hm... deja vu? Nah, you posted the same "I'm back" thread back in April 2008. Should we trust you this time? http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=27299&hl=

Regadless... Welcome back man!

Take your car, drive it around for a week or two, HAVE SOME FUN with it, then decide if you really want to tune it down. I get tired of my car, want to sell it and start over fresh with a new Genesis project, but then I drive it and all that thinking sounds so stupid.

Drive it and remember how good it handles, how fun it is, and how sweet it looks.

Hang around here a bit. Good to see you back.