Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

So if it comes down to Obama and Romney

Old 05-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I'm much more ok with that than I am with that Mormon, homophobe, corporate reach around Romney.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Lincoln Aviator

why are you guys on the left so insitant that big companies are bad. Do you know how many people BIG companies provide jobs for. Seriously. Quit whinning about big business. It is such a standard playbook worn out excuse to pick on people on the right about.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Originally Posted by silvershark78
why are you guys on the left so insitant that big companies are bad. Do you know how many people BIG companies provide jobs for. Seriously. Quit whinning about big business. It is such a standard playbook worn out excuse to pick on people on the right about.

When it comes to big business it isn't a right and left issue as they both act the same.

RObamny 2013 no matter what.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

That's like saying, that King isn't so bad. Sure, he hordes all of the wealth, but he gives us a free loaf of bread every week. The don't "provide" a job, like it's a gift. They NEED workers (to work for as little as they're willing to) to make money. They don't "provide" jobs because they love America so much. In fact, they hire people outside the country as often as they can get away with because that increases profits, which is far more important than any good they can do for their country.

Big companies aren't bad. Big publicly owned companies are bad. Get rid of public ownership and you cure most of America's problems. You never hear these complaints about privately owned companies. When companies don't spend 90% of their efforts worrying about shareholder concerns, like maximizing profits at any cost, they can provide jobs, services and goods at prices people can afford while still paying employees IN THIS COUNTRY a decent living wage that they might actually be able to retire on some day.

Oh, and why does the fact that I can't stand Romney make me "on the left"? I'd tie every illegal immigrant to the back of a truck and drag them back to their country if I could. I'd also eliminate alot of government by getting rid of the redundancy.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:56 AM

You must be a union guy. Lets pay everybody 80 dollars an hour at Mcdonalds so we can all retire. Never mind that you can invest your money and retire on the investment...no, lets just throw that out the door because the stock market and big bad companies that actually want to profit and expand are terrible

Stop being a parrot
Old 05-13-2012, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

You must be a union guy. Lets pay everybody 80 dollars an hour at Mcdonalds so we can all retire. Never mind that you can invest your money and retire on the investment...no, lets just throw that out the door because the stock market and big bad companies that actually want to profit and expand are terrible

Stop being a parrot

You getting paid to say this stuff?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:21 PM

No and I apologize for it. Genuinely. Im bipolar and get a little worked up sometimes
Old 05-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Stop being a parrot

What are you going to invest in and retire on? Interest rates are at an all time low, real estate is in the crapper, stocks are flat... The only people making money now are the people who can invest enough to profit when a stock goes up a few pennies. Of course, they then sell the stock and pull that money out of the company. When people make money from a stock, that money comes from somewhere. Wealth is like matter or energy, it can't be created, only transferred. No, we're not in this situation because Obama said or did whatever, we're in this situation because our entire economy is based on the principal of "how much did I make today". Long term growth and success don't matter when your shareholders want a report every quarter showing profit growth.

Oh, and there is a difference between reasonable profit and profit that harms the long term stability of a company. Happy employees make a company successful. Unhappy employees make a company fail.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:05 PM

fair enough. My father owns a 30 million dollar company. He doesnt do much for his employees and it has started to show. The economy is in a historically repetative swing. I never said it was obama's fault. I said that he stated that if he didnt turn it around, he would step down after his first term. That is documented clearly by 60 minutes, which is not exactly a right wing show...lol. But the same 60 minutes recorded him saying he deserves another shot. I don't think he does. But unfortunately I think he will be re-elected because things didnt get worse...they didnt improve, but they didnt get much worse. Just remember...the unemployment statistics were at all time lows when GW was in office. They are much higher right now. and that is documented fact. Obama doesnt deserve another chance. But I also don't think romney is a strong enough person to hold the office. I am, to quote GW, A "compasionate conservative". I believe highly in hearing other peopls point of views. I think santorum should be the candidate, but I have several gay friends, which puts me at odds with santorum's views. Like I said, I get out of hand when I have a mood swing and I truely apologize for attacking you even in the smallest terms of the word. I would like to continue this conversation in a civil matter and look forward to your reply

-Mike
Old 05-14-2012, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I wont vote for obama. he said way back that if he didnt end both wars and improve the economy he wouldnt ask for a second chance...well he asked for a second chance. nuff said
This SHOULD be the thesis for this year's election.

It's cut/dry. But sadly come mid-late October Obama's going to pull the race card and the religion card in one swing with the whole "Mormons hate black people garbage" and lock down the ignorance vote. We're all screwed whether you realize it or not.