Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

So I was thinking....

Old 02-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default So I was thinking....

I have another date tonight with this girl Ive been chatting with the last couple of days and I counted up how many dates I've had with girls in the last couple of weeks. It comes to a grand total of 8 different girls in a 15 day period. Is that bad? They're nothing more than just dinner and hanging out to chat or seeing movies. Nothing serious, but I think I realized today as I was thinking about it that maybe I'm just too picky now. Like Im finding flaws in all these girls, and this is something I never did before. The old me would of taken the first girl and gotten into a relationship with her right away without truly taking the time to get to know her more.

I've realized that ever since everything that happened with my one ex who cheated on me (Kaitlin) that Im seeing girls for who they really are now. Well, maybe not seeing them completely, but Im able to pick up certain traits about them that may not be perfect for me. But in todays age...is this a bad thing, or should I maybe look past certain qualities that may not seem too bad?

Hmm...lots to think about....
Old 02-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent

welcome to my boat. there's plenty of room for more too haha.

I got screwed over by a girl pretty bad, it was basically 500 Days of Summer. I struggled through that movie. Anyways, after that I go really picky with girls and would really never go past a second date. I came to realize I want better for myself and I'm okay if that takes a long time because I'm kind of having a blast being single. Although since I just moved and I don't know anyone in my new city, I think it's time to try out a relationship again.

I would say you're doing fine, just don't lose the capacity to love.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Administrator

No doubt...I wont lose the capacity, and give everyone a chance....but with all these girls...most guys probably would be with them in a heart beat (they were some damn fine looking ladies) but I think the real issue is as I get older (and look back upon the crazy experience I had with the breakup with my ex), that these days I just want more than just looks or a somewhat decent personality. Its almost as if I'm looking for someone perfect and I know theres no such thing. So it comes down to the fact of do I settle on certain traits knowing that no girl will ever be perfect or just keep searching for the unattainable? Its a dilema that Im sure alot of people go through when they are dating, or seeking relationships and so on.

Also, I'm having soooooo much fun being single right now, that I guess maybe I'm a little fearful of actually getting involved with someone seriously because of all the fun Im having now. Its almost as if for me to get into a relationship now, a girl would seriously have to "wow" me beyond belief. Is that girl out there? Im sure she is. But how does one find that girl when they tend to be extremely picky now? Its not that Im scared or dont trust girls anymore because I would get involved in a relationship in a second if the right one came along...its just that I have this whole new way of looking at things and I'm spotting flaws way more than I ever have in the past. Its strange none-the-less.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

If you're having fun being single, I say stay single until it isn't fun anymore. Getting into a relationship because you feel society expects it of you, or because you think it's what you're supposed to do doesn't really make sense to me.

Especially since you're finding flaws with everyone which is unlike your usual self. Sounds like you're not really ready to go beyond casual dating, whatever that is for you.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Like Im finding flaws in all these girls, and this is something I never did before.

my oh my welcome to the couch. i find flaws in every single girl, both physically and mentally. this has been going on since i was 3 years old. there are chicks that would be awesome and REALLY tempting to goof around with, but i just don't think it's worthy enough. i can literally count 3 girls in my quarter of a century that i've physically felt were stunningly perfect. it's pretty sad. stay single or you'll be worse off knowing a girlfriend is just a drive-thru.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Live it up while it's still fun. When the right one comes along, you'll know its time.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Administrator

You're all absolutely right. I'm just worried I may end up just being too picky and waiting around for the "perfect" girl, when in reality...they dont exist. Every single human being on this planet has flaws. I guess I just need to figure out what flaws are worth the risk of getting into a relationship with. *lol* wink.gif