Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Smoker's Excuses.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'm just trying to help folks out.. My father has had 4 cancer surgeries on his Nasal area, has high blood pressure, and has diabetes type 2.... all because of smooking. Hes been smoking for 20 years. Now...not so much anymore.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ not only that but america was perdy much started by tobacco most of americas exports was tobacco.

tiburonsrul: he is saying he argues with smokers on purpose just to get his views out and wants them to be banned. =not cool

do u drink? drinking causes liver cancer or liver failer.

do u drink water from the tap? if u do u are at a higher risk of geting sick or geting poisoned.

do you eat red meat? eating red meat causes u to have high blood pressure and put yourself at risk of heart disease.

do you work around oil or change your own? chemicals added to oil and oil cause cancer and bith defects. (every car dealer in cali have to have a sticker on there door because of this)

do u drive? your car puts off harmful vapors into the atmosphere wich can cause long cancer and is killing the earth.

do u use electricity? magnetic fields caused by electricity can cause cancer and tumors.

do u have a fire place or burn anything to get heat or heat anyhing up. smoke from fires can cause long cancer too.

do u eat food? farmers use pesticides and big machinary wich cause dust. both can cause emphizima cancer and asthma.

soo.. maybe the government should make laws saying u can only drink water from a bottle, have to be a vegitarian, cant eat manufactured food,produce no oil ,elecricity or burn anything. basicly return to the stone age.

what i'm trying to say is that if u made laws or try to get everything bad for you out of your life u wouldn't live. everything is bad for you.

you have no rite to tell people what they can and can't do. if you came up to me and started arguing with me about smoking i would donkey punch you or just flat out lay u out. grow up kid.

WHOS RUINING THE FREEDOM OF AMERICA NOW?

people like you are!! it isnt about wether its bad for you or not its about the rite to choose. if i want to do something i should be able to do it. freedom is not about making everything safe. what is safe for you isnt rite for me. I don't need any1 to force me into not doing something i want to do. these are what morals are for i want to live so i wear a seat belt i dont want my kid to get hurt so i get um a helmet but i don't need other people to make me do it or make me pay for not doing it.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:10 PM

Congratulations. You just added ALOT of excuses of a smoker. All of those are not a leading cause of death. Smoking is.

Why didn't you read very first post? It answer soem of those questions you ask.. especially the red meat(this is very popular excuse from smokers too).. the red meat question you ask, read Smokers Excuse #2. red meat is good for you.. but only so much is good for you.

heating up the house? give you cancer? WTF? Unless you directly inhale the smoke.. Pollution? yes, that can give you cancer,.. but there's not enough cases to bring AMerica to its full attention or national emergency... that goes with basically most of the things you said. If there is enough pollution like some cities in Russia giving alot of defective births and nose bleeds.. yes thats something to consider. About the Tap water, if it is infected in anyway, the state does somethign about it immediatly. yes, Tap water contains alot of chemicals, but not enough reports have been made of people are getting sick.. otherwise it would be big news.

JUST FACE IT. You just made much more smokers excuses. SMOKING STINKS.

you have no rite to tell people what they can and can't do. if you came up to me and started arguing with me about smoking i would donkey punch you or just flat out lay u out. grow up kid.

Did in any way i tell people what to do on my main subject post?

tiburonsrul: he is saying he argues with smokers on purpose just to get his views out and wants them to be banned. =not cool

Why are you saying that? who attacked me first? the cigerette smoker of course. I like RDtiburon.com , I don't want anybody banned who has a RD Tiburon!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Visit Auschwitz-Berkeneu once in Poland and you'll never smoke ever again.

I like the one about the food; It isn't a need. It doesn't help the earth any. All smokers are supporting big fat Joes sitting on some Island paradise in the Caribbean.

Smoking is someone's stupid invention. It's a habit. Cracking knuckles is a habit. Spitting is a habit. Imagine if people spat on store floors, in restaurants, in your house, on your Tiburon!!!

You guys take it easy. This is a very touchy subject and every minute it is open it's more vulnerable to being closed. I'm watching. drillsergeant.gif
Old 03-04-2006, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

close this cause its gonna get ugly

yes i did read the first post and no i didnt make my 2nd response off of it. i posted it for your 2nd post.

also i was using "redmeat" as a example of how other things are bad too. its not a excuse but it is a example of how not everything is good for you but u still have the choice to eat it.

it doesn't matter if you h8 smoke to death and u h8 every1 who does it. its none of your buisness.

and NO smoking is not the leading cause of death, heart disease is followed by Malignant Neoplasms and Cerebro- vascular and here u can find some more facts from the national center for injury prevention and control clicky

i'm done you just want to argue. there are just some subjects u can't reasonably talk about without arguing like religion. what was the point of this thread anyway to have every1 say yah! i h8 all them smokers or ya im with ya there buddy fing02.gif u wanted to argue or get your point accross but all u really did was show your ignorance to life in general. burnout.gif
Old 03-05-2006, 12:05 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

That's another things smoking does, is split RD Members up. Guys, of course we're going to have disputes.

And he's right, this thread isn't to piss anyone off. Smokers piss themselves off by thinking it is. Maybe that's why they smoke? nana.gif

I'm going to wait, because just as korean_redneck has points, SilentSecret you have good points as well. It's a fair thread. All I'm asking is let's keep it that way man, we've all been through our experiences and we all have our reasons here now.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 2000

i dont agree with rednecks point of veiw but i also dont completly disagree. Red neck its no use starting an arguement with someone that smokes. its a choice that they made, some people that start smoking want to quite but cant. So it will piss them off if you start telling them that they need to quite because it is killing them. arguments cant be won if you go into them with a closed mind. just my .02
Old 03-05-2006, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Smoking is stupid, and smokers are stupid for smoking. You dont like me saying that? F*ck you, too bad. If you want to do something stupid be prepared to be called stupid.

You have the freedom to be stupid, and i have the freedom to call you stupid.

BUT one thing that has to be realized is that people are stupid, and theres nothing you can do about it. They will smoke, for whatever reason they want. You can try to talk some sense into some people, and the intelligent strong willed person might think about it and decide to quit, but if not, youve done what you can. Your a good person trying to prevent them from ending up dying on a hospital bed coughing and cringing in pain from a combination of the Chemo and the metastisizing cancer ripping apart their insides, they just cant realize it. They WILL NOT learn, they will argue with you all day and night about how it's their choice and thier body, the only time those people will come around is when its too late, they will cry and curse their ignorance. And thats just how it goes.

But what you have to realize is that they are right about something, its their body; and therefore their problem. Dont try and bash it into their head, it will only make them resent you. I dont agree with smoking, my whole family smokes, and i have to hear my parents cough their lungs out and i fear so much to find out what it has done to their bodies and what time it has cut off their lives, but i wont tell them what to do. You live your life to make your own mistakes, and if you dont learn from the mistakes you make, thats your problem, dont expect sympathy when youve been warned.

Some comments about some things said

Silent secret: all those things might have negitive components, but all things do. But the positive aspects FAR out weigh any small possiblitly of negative effects. There are no positive components of smoking, it only causes problems, releiving stress is not considered a positive component because it only reduces the feeling of stress brought on by the absence of nicotene.

No america wont ban cigs, but they will raise the taxes to make it look like they care, but theyre just bleeding the addicted. And smokers will keep buying, if they were $200 dollars a pack they would find a way to pay, or just grow them themselves

Although i dont like to see people smoking, i would never vote for a law to ban tobacco, because i do believe in freedom. I also dont aproove of weed, coke, speed etc, but i would vote for it to be legal, because it would only yield positive results. It could be regulated, taxed, and people wouldnt do it just because they want to do something wrong to be bad.

Take care of yourself, and lookout for the ones you love, but respect everyones freedom to screw up.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Mar 5 2006, 01:09 AM)
Visit Auschwitz-Berkeneu once in Poland and you'll never smoke ever again.
I like the one about the food; It isn't a need. It doesn't help the earth any. All smokers are supporting big fat Joes sitting on some Island paradise in the Caribbean.

Smoking is someone's stupid invention. It's a habit. Cracking knuckles is a habit. Spitting is a habit. Imagine if people spat on store floors, in restaurants, in your house, on your Tiburon!!!
You guys take it easy. This is a very touchy subject and every minute it is open it's more vulnerable to being closed. I'm watching. drillsergeant.gif

Ive been there and I agree it will change you a lot.

This thread is going to get closed because noone will agree on anything. Its too mcuh of a touchy subject.

My last words for this: I hate smoking, and I hate what my fathers smoking did to me when I was younger and what risks it now put me in, and I hate a lot of peoples ignorance, but you know what? Do what you want. If you end up in a hospital weighing 90lbs and coughing your lungs out because of cancer so be it. I wont feel as much sympathy for you because you caused it. I dont give a crap if you think what I just wrote is ignorant. F off. Ive seen too much suffering in my life to agree with some bs like this. I will be damned if my kids ever start smoking because I dont want see another part of my life in the hospital dying. And heart disease? sometimes thats genetic and you can get it no matter what you do. If you want to smoke then smoke as long as you have respect for people around you.

Have fun guys, Im done here.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:06 AM

I'm going to put this in a couple of sentences.

1.Originally, This topic was to educate smokers who think smokings not that bad, creating Excuses.

2. If there weren't for people like me, the USA would turn into a Third world country. Its called "Prevention" People. Without Prevention, USA would turn into a sh!thole

3. People here are taking "American Freedom" the wrong way. You guys are taking Freedom, the third world country way "Do what you please".

4. Smoking is bad period.

5. Everything smokers do or say to support cigerettes and smokers are basically talking out of their ass.

6. I am 100% right , There's nothing wrong with my thread. There aren't suppose to be disagreements.

7. Wouldn't you imagine what the USA would be like without smoking prevention? Majority of the USA would be smoking now.

Smokers, congratulations, you basically let the cigerette do the talking for you. You guys are brainwashed to hell. I bet if I was in your lives BEFORE you smoked, you wouldn't have smoked at all.

who started teh argument in the first place? This thread wasn't originally to debate or argue on.

I'm done here too. Soembody lock this Sh!t. Cigerette smokers are crazier than I thought.