Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Smoker's Excuses.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Smokers excuse #6 If George Bush can do cocaine (arrested in 72' for possesion and taken to Harris County Jail) and become president, I think I'll be alright smoking... :nod:
Old 03-04-2006, 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If people want to smoke then let them..they wont listen to anyone anyway and the only time theyll realize enough to stop is if either they or someone close to them gets sick from it.

I hate smoking, I hate being around it, I cant be around it, I hate everything about it. My father smoked for 40 years and once he noticed his smoking was killing me (bronchitis, asthma, lung inflammation, constant cough) he stopped. Because he saw it was hurting me. If he didnt see that he would have continued and I believe thats how it is with most smokers. Once they get lung cancer or some other crap they are like "omg why did I do this?"

Its no use to tell anyone to stop smoking because theyll just get pissed and not listen to you anyway. Preventiing smoking is the only thing that can be done.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:45 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Quote: "I like to argue with smokers because most of the excuses they make are weak". Mate, you need to get a life... Seriously. To go up to someone & argue with them just for argument's sake is stupid, IMO.

Smoking is bad for your health. Everyone knows it but it's up to each individual to decide whether or not to smoke.

I smoked from 15 to 24 years of age & have since given it up, more or less completely... I still smoke when I have a few drinks when I'm out. When I do smoke, I am always mindful of others & about where I choose to smoke & will never smoke somewhere that I deem inappropriate. I don't smoke around kids & I never have.

I "quit" because smoking was not good for me, my fiancee wasn't particularly keen on it, it was expensive & it made me, my breath & all my clothes stink (I'm in sales. Stinking of cigarettes is not a good thing in my profession).

I agree with smoking laws that prohibit smoking in some places... like around food preparation & service for example. However, I don't think it should be banned from all pubs & clubs either. At least not completely.

As for gangs, seat-belts & talking on mobile phones whilst driving, they are different issues altogether.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I do not smoke all the time. I smoke when I drink or sometimes with friends.

I can easily not smoke for a months (having a pack of cigarettes in my car)
Old 03-04-2006, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Mar 5 2006, 12:45 AM)
Quote: "I like to argue with smokers because most of the excuses they make are weak". Mate, you need to get a life... Seriously. To go up to someone & argue with them just for argument's sake is stupid, IMO.

Smoking is bad for your health. Everyone knows it but it's up to each individual to decide whether or not to smoke.

I smoked from 15 to 24 years of age & have since given it up, more or less completely... I still smoke when I have a few drinks when I'm out. When I do smoke, I am always mindful of others & about where I choose to smoke & will never smoke somewhere that I deem inappropriate. I don't smoke around kids & I never have.

I "quit" because smoking was not good for me, my fiancee wasn't particularly keen on it, it was expensive & it made me, my breath & all my clothes stink (I'm in sales. Stinking of cigarettes is not a good thing in my profession).

I agree with smoking laws that prohibit smoking in some places... like around food preparation & service for example. However, I don't think it should be banned from all pubs & clubs either. At least not completely.

As for gangs, seat-belts & talking on mobile phones whilst driving, they are different issues altogether.

MATE, I get a life?, thanks, i'm trying to help, and all you do is telling me to get a life? Most smokers , all they do is make excuses on why smoking is not bad. Its clearly obvious that smokers don't think its bad for you. geez, any more people against what I have to say?
Old 03-04-2006, 06:04 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ You are not trying to help. You are telling people that they are stupid for doing something that they enjoy doing.

I for one know that I didn't quit because someone came up & started rattling off different reasons why I was stupid for smoking. I didn't need that because I already knew it. I quit on my own terms when I was good & ready to do so.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:19 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ I am helping 100%. Those were actual excuses that smokers gave me. Don't you think smokers who make excuses on smoking is a little stupid? I gotta knock sense into alot of smokers. Because you quit, I suggest you help other Australians to quit, and if they give you an excuse,, tell them off.

You are right, you quit because you knew it was bad. How did you know it was bad? through education, through experiance.. so yes basically something did tell you to stop smoking. Do Australians have the Surgeon General Goverment Warning? Isn't that giving you an idea that smoking is bad? think about it.

Dammit, I really didn't want to argue. I thought this was going to be nice , easy and peaceful.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:15 PM

QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Mar 4 2006, 08:19 PM)
^^ I am helping 100%.

Your "holier than thou" attitude is'nt helping.

Don't you think smokers who make excuses on smoking is a little stupid?

Some people (like myself) are unable to "quit" because we are chemicaly ADDICTED .

... and if they give you an excuse,, tell them off.

Are you serious?
How is it any of YOUR bussiness what people do anyway?
Agreed that second hand smoke is a problem, but there are "smokers" (as you label us) who try very hard NOT to smoke around people such as yourself.

Do Australians have the Surgeon General Goverment Warning? Isn't that giving you an idea that smoking is bad? think about it.

So basicaly you think you are more intelligent than any "Smoker" in the world based on the fact that you are a Non-smoker?
Do you really think that we have no idea that smoking is bad for our health?

If you "told me off" while I was outside having a quick "butt", minding my own bussiness,...

man I'd hate to be you 5 minutes after the fact.

Im sure you have good intentions for this post , but please dont push your way of life onto other people.
I have an addiction that is very life changing, and hard to control.
I think the reason people give you those excuses is because they feel threated by your "im better than you" attitude, so of course they are going to be defensive.

think about it.

Dammit, I really didn't want to argue. I thought this was going to be nice , easy and peaceful.

No YOU think about it.

smile.gif
Old 03-04-2006, 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000

people what is with all the hostility ,so redneck doesnt like smoking. He wrote a post about it. that doenst mean all the smokers have to rip on him. I found some of the things he wrote interesting. some smokers are very rude when it comes down to it. But smokers that keep it to themselves and respect others are fine.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:04 PM

^^^ Yes alot of hostility.

QUOTE (SwiftTiburon @ Mar 4 2006, 06:39 PM)
If people want to smoke then let them..they wont listen to anyone anyway and the only time theyll realize enough to stop is if either they or someone close to them gets sick from it.

Im with you there.

America will NEVER ban smoking, EVER, just because Cigarettes bring in ALOT of Money in to the economy, I bet that Cigarettes are the top selling products in the world.