Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Smoker's Excuses.

Old 03-04-2006, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

By Korean_Redneck.

I apoligize for my lack of grammer skills...

I am totally against smoking. I like to argue with smokers because most of the excuses they make are weak. They try to find a way to make smoking less harmful than it already is!! Here is a collection of excuses smokers make. I have more excuses people make, but they seem to be blurred in my brain from second hand smoking. :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smok ing:

Smoker's Excuse #1: Everybody dies at one point

Response: Why would you die miserable? Smoking is slow suicide.

Smoker's Excuse #2: Eating Unhealthy Foods and Alcohol can kill you too!

Response: We need food to live, its our responsible to balance it out. Alcohol is also considered food. Drinking 1 serving of alcohol per day is good for you. There are no advantages to smoking. nothing. nada. zilch.

Smoker's Excuse #3: George Burns lived a long time and he smoked a Cigar Everyday! Or... My So and So lived a long time and he/she Smoked alot!

Response: Inflammation of the Skin and a irritated throat(groggy voice like the singer "Pink") are Problems all smokers suffer. Some Cigerette smokers get lucky once in a while, but that doesn't mean you can count on them on living proof that Cigerettes do no harm. Most senior Cigerrette smokers are already in their graves. You can talk to them in future.

Smoker's Excuse #4: Cigerettes can kill? HAHA How about the people who get hit by cars and die?

Response: If you can find a law saying that it is illegal to have an accident, I will be your servant for 5 years. You can prevent accidents, but regardless of what we're doing, accidents happens! We cannot control it and most of the time we don't know when its coming! Smoking on the other hand is slow suicide. Consequences are inevitable. One puff of a cigerette is already bad enough, you are digging your own grave little by little.

Smoker's excuse #5: How about that marathon runner who died by drinking too much water?

Response: In order to survive, the body needs sodium. Of course too much sodium can give you problems, but too little can give you problems too. Water lowers the Sodium level in your body. Scientifically, I don't know why the body needs sodium, Possibly for sweat(cooling the body?), but I know its important.

Young Smoker's Excuse #1: I don't care if people are bothered when I smoke. I love smoking. Nobody can stop me! If they're bothered by me smoking, they can move!

Response: This is a common comment with Young smokers. Teenage smokers think they are Invincible, yet, most are uneducated on the consequences of smoking.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

just light one up redneck, itll calm you down cool.gif joke.gif

guess ill go under that 'young smokers' group

i've been smoking for well over a year, nearly 19, started back when i joined the reserves, was a last resort to keep you awake when doing field ex.'s were they expect you to go for weeks with an hour of sleep per night, standing in a hole in the ground with 1 other dude for hours on end in the middle of the night it just kept ya awake, well it started like that and i guess my current lifestyle doesnt really object to the whole smoking thing, out clubbing or at parties pretty much every night so around smoking and 2nd hand smoke all the time

ill admit, do regret it sometimes, it aint good, dont encourage it, at least not usually
Old 03-04-2006, 03:43 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You used to smoke huh? It seems that everyone who quits smoking likes to impose their new found beliefs on everyone. Don't deny you used to smoke and don't impose your beliefs on me. I've smoked for 10 years. and like dude above this post said, it fits into army lifestyle nicely.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Vladimer @ Mar 4 2006, 03:59 PM)
was a last resort to keep you awake when doing field ex.'s were they expect you to go for weeks with an hour of sleep per night, standing in a hole in the ground with 1 other dude for hours on end in the middle of the night it just kept ya awake

hmm... is it the sentinel or the watchguard?

When i was serving, people were punished for smoking on post.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:09 PM

dude, what crawled up your ass??

I smoke. I like to smoke. I will continue smoking. Maybe just to piss you off. I am sure you do things I don't agree with.

There, no excuses. I am who I am. I can't STAND people who won't just accept that we all have choices to make in life. Some are right and some are wrong, but in the end, WE are the ones who have to live/die because of them.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

well......

i'll just tell ya this is america the land of the free. if i wanted to be controlled and told what to do and had laws saying my wife had to walk 10 steps behind me i wouldn't live here. you are the kind of people who like to take freedoms away and u probly like the seat belt law too. if i wanna kill myself its my freedom to do it so shut the mouth and go eat some tofu you hippy.

im sick of all these truth campains, anti smoking laws and people like you that try to tell every1 whats good for them just mind your own buisness.

if i want to smoke i can so fvck off. < that is a good answer for all your replys???? lmao.gif
Old 03-04-2006, 04:52 PM

well said, SilentSecret!!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (SilentSecret @ Mar 4 2006, 11:25 PM)
well......
i'll just tell ya this is america the land of the free. if i wanted to be controlled and told what to do and had laws saying my wife had to walk 10 steps behind me i wouldn't live here. you are the kind of people who like to take freedoms away and u probly like the seat belt law too. if i wanna kill myself its my freedom to do it so shut the mouth and go eat some tofu you hippy.

im sick of all these truth campains, anti smoking laws and people like you that try to tell every1 whats good for them just mind your own buisness.
if i want to smoke i can so fvck off. < that is a good answer for all your replys???? lmao.gif

Smoking=Bad
Smokers thinking, smoking is not bad for you= bad
Talking on cell phone while driving=bad
KKK and black panthers=bad
Gangs=bad
People dying simply because they didn't wear their seatbelt=bad
When you break the law=bad

There is a reason why there are campaigns and laws out there.. Its common sense. Simple things can change America in a positive way. Its people like YOU who ruin everybodies freedom. Think about it.

There are more laws because of smokers.

There are more laws because of gang violence

There are more laws because of people using cell phones while driving

There are more laws because people are smoking indoors.

There are more laws because of second hand smoking.

WHOS RUINING THE FREEDOM OF AMERICA NOW?

hmm... is it the sentinel or the watchguard?

When i was serving, people were punished for smoking on post.

We were too. YOu couldn't smoke anywhere except the smoke deck during Lunch break.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Military life and cigarettes just go together. I haven't tasted actual service but I get plenty of ROTC bullsh!t and cigarettes are what keep you going (when in reality it's what's making it harder). lmao.gif

I see guys doing PT in the morning and lightin' up a smoke between shifts.
lmao.gif

I smoke, but I am considerate of others when I smoke. I don't like being the only one who smokes in a group and usually don't if that's the case. But if I do I ask the people if they'd mind if I light up. And I never smoke in restaurants, that's just gross... bars are okay but a sit-down place with kids and their families... puke.gif

I guess it's cuz I'm used to Washington State Law. Smoking is absolutely prohibited anywhere inside a building in the entire state of washington. Except your own home and personal property, and the law also states you cannot smoke a cigarette within 25 feet of a pedestrian entrance or opening to a building. That means if you are on break at work you have to go walk 25 feet and smoke a cigarette...

It was so weird and dissappointing the day the law passed (damn Gregoire...)
-huka bars shut down overnight
-sports bars lost ALL of their customers because they couldn't smoke inside
-businesses would have groups of 20-50 people huddling together 25 feet from a building
-grogery stores and business everywhere moved their ashtrays 25 feet away from their entrances overnight
-many people stopped going to clubs and certain places they used to be able to smoke inside

it was a sad day for washington
..the next one will come spring of 06 when california emission laws will be imposed upon the state as well.
mad.gif
Old 03-04-2006, 05:18 PM

Smoking Is by far one of the most Fvckin rediculous things I have ever seen, There little sticks that make smoke... That goes down as the most absolutely retarded invention in the Universe.

I have two friends that all of the sudden started to smoke and now they cant stop, I crticize them all I can but i doesnt sink into there damn minds.