Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Shop Design Contest.

Old 01-05-2006 | 11:18 AM

This is a contest..... The Prize is a set of STUDIE M3 MIRRORS. (these mirrors have blue tinted glass and are not powered)

Here is the deal. I need a design made and I don't want to do it myself. I'm sure yall are better then me anyways.

This design will be put on every custom install I do so you would be giving me the rights to it smile.gif

It has to be the best quality possible because it will be printed on kodak paper.

Now keep in mind, this would be the name of my shop. Nothing to do with my car.

The font name I would like used is..ABADDON. You can try CROWN TITLE also.

It must say "TRANMANH" and throw "Kustomz" in there but the design can't be to long. So probably put "kustomz"(smaller) under "TRANMANH"

The main background should be black, the lettering can pretty much be any color, i might even need to change it from time to time (color) Would I need a program to beable to do that?

I don't want any pictures in the design. Only effects from the lettering, on the lettering, and some effects around it. EX. (lighting, cracks, smoke, fire, etc)

You can come up with as many as you like. I might ask you to change your design a little but If I use yours you win the mirrors. You must pay shipping to you.

If unfortunately I don't pick one....I'll give the best one some other free stuff for the tib. But I'm sure you guys can come up with something nice.

Any questions about my request.. Please ask.

THANKS
Old 01-05-2006 | 01:20 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

So we have to use one of these two fonts? ABADDON or CROWN TITLE? Also what kind of shop is it?
Old 01-05-2006 | 03:28 PM

Id prefer one of those fonts but if you'd like to try something else...go for it. If it looks good enough, I'll change my mind.

Its a custom shop. I do everything except extensive engine work.

MAINLY CUSTOM CAR AUDIO
Old 01-05-2006 | 03:33 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I need to hook you up with a friend of mine from the Seattle Ad Club Org. She does amazing typography work and creates ALL of her own "fonts" I guess you could say. She's done everything from the small local stuff people ask her to do (like tatoos and your request) to big fortune 500 company logos, even to Madonna's and Cher's music tours.

I can scan some of her famous work out of a magazine article she was featured in, it's really cool, I always see her around Seattle at the graffiti shops...just give her an emotion or feeling and some words and she will make you feel them when you look at the logo.

I will find her number, but she will probably want cash, not the mirrors....rolleyes.gif
Old 01-05-2006 | 04:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Im in, good luck everyone. Ill have somthing soon

Here is entry #1. sorry I only took about 10 mins on it, I'll try again later when I get more motivated.

Light Background - Low Quality

Dark Background - Low Quality

"Busting Out - Medium Quality

Full Quality
Old 01-05-2006 | 05:23 PM

^^^^ Oooh I actually like that font. Awesome for 10 minutes. Try doing it without "Tranmanh Kustomz Shop" on bottom. Just do "Kustomz" I like the busting out thing. Keep it up, get more details in there. I want the letters to have shading and stuff.

SEE GUYS YOU CAN USE DIFFERENT FONTS. SURPRISE ME

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Jan 5 2006, 04:33 PM)
I need to hook you up with a friend of mine from the Seattle Ad Club Org. She does amazing typography work and creates ALL of her own "fonts" I guess you could say. She's done everything from the small local stuff people ask her to do (like tatoos and your request) to big fortune 500 company logos, even to Madonna's and Cher's music tours.

I can scan some of her famous work out of a magazine article she was featured in, it's really cool, I always see her around Seattle at the graffiti shops...just give her an emotion or feeling and some words and she will make you feel them when you look at the logo.

I will find her number, but she will probably want cash, not the mirrors....rolleyes.gif

Thats cool. I dont have a problem paying and I could go to a couple local places but id rather help out us and give out the mirrors. But If noone comes up with one then I'll pay someone.
Old 01-05-2006 | 06:44 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

A few more

Bustout 2 - Medium Quality

Concept 2 - Medium Quality

Concept 2.1 - Medium Quality

^^Those can of course come in ANY color you want^^

Thanks for feedback, keep it coming smile.gif
Old 01-05-2006 | 06:49 PM

no offense... but the Customs with a K thing is kinda played out and seems to speak ricey to me... just an FYI
Old 01-05-2006 | 09:43 PM

my 2ยข... I agree about the K in kustoms(z)... I also like the idea of a single color logo. Much more professional for print, business cards, letterhead & envelopes, AND, you can easily make vinyl decals to tag your work with, or just tag whatever with. (by the way, I make vinyl decals... wink1.gif )
Old 01-05-2006 | 10:39 PM

^^^ I agree for all business letterhead,cards,etc but not for being on an install project. It has to stand out. Let me give yall an idea of where it would go.
QUOTE (MK3Design @ Jan 5 2006, 07:44 PM)
Bustout 2 - Medium Quality

^^Those can of course come in ANY color you want^^
Thanks for feedback, keep it coming smile.gif

I like the way this looks but it wouldnt look right behind plexi because its uneven. Try and make it symmetrical
QUOTE (Viper966 @ Jan 5 2006, 07:49 PM)
no offense... but the Customs with a K thing is kinda played out and seems to speak ricey to me... just an FYI

I thought the same thing when I first decided to spell it that way but "Customs" just looks funny to me. Everytime I see "blah".."customs".. I didnt like it. But...maybe I'll change my mind.

This is my latest one. Its two new door panels from scratch. The design would be behind plexi shaped (_____) at the bottom portion of the door.
The door will be painted so it has to be fresh, sharp and stand out. Doesnt have to necessarily be very colorful but nice.
The X over will be behind the top plexi and is silver
The arm rest has plexi on it and under it, I will paint it silver to match the X over
Having it just silver would be okay but wouldnt stand out good.
If it was a trunk setup, it would be in the middle of everything and have to look cool

Does anyone even have the abaddon font?