Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Shipping Vehicle From Korea

Old 01-03-2006 | 04:34 PM

I belive there is a company in Washington State that will convert everything for you to get it up to code. Im sure its costly but its something you might want to look into before bringing one over. But i would def rather bring over a skyline than a tib!
Old 01-03-2006 | 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

to those talkin about airbornes tib he doesnt own a tib he owns a elantra

in all reality instead of trying to import a skyline grab as many skyline parts as you can and put them in the elantra and sell them off here

i bet you can make a grip that way
Old 01-03-2006 | 11:31 PM

heh I think here(MO) as long as you have something that resembles a CAT you'll pass inspection. the cars I see driving around either knew someone that just passed the car... aren't registered..... or whomever they went to just didn't care.
Old 01-03-2006 | 11:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Jan 3 2006, 04:58 PM)
to those talkin about airbornes tib he doesnt own a tib he owns a elantra

in all reality instead of trying to import a skyline grab as many skyline parts as you can and put them in the elantra and sell them off here

You are a moron Faith.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?&act=ga...&CODE=12&CID=67

nana.gif owned.gif wink1.gif
Old 01-04-2006 | 01:49 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

^^^ duh duh duh owned.gif

I didn't thought that there is so much problems to import a car that was not for US market. It's crazy.

I know one girl here in Ukraine, that bought BMW 325 (E46, 2002 year) and when she registered that car in police, they told her that this car needs to pass some inspection so that the car will not be harmful to our roads.

We have so crappy roads here and those morons just wanted some money. mad.gif
Old 01-04-2006 | 08:20 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hmm i thought he had a elantra?

wait owned.gif
i was thinkin of tricked i think
Old 01-08-2006 | 05:02 PM

Do the Skyline, But if you do, Motorex I think they make it easier for you to legalize it.

http://www.skylinegtr.com/index.html
Old 01-08-2006 | 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Quote from above site...

In order to import the vehicle to the US legally it must be imported though Motorex,Inc. .The cost for us to legalize a car for you varies from $16,000 - $25,000 depending on the year of the vehicle. This does not include shipping , bonds ,tarriffs , custom brokerage fee , and associated shipping fees.
The additional cost varies as the bond cost (450% of the value of the vehicle) , and tarriff cost(2.5% of the value of the vehicle) varies with the value of the vehicle , also shipping can be roll on/roll off or container. Expect the other costs to be $4000 - $5000.

Soo yeah, its rather expensive, even moreso than I thought LOL.
Old 01-08-2006 | 05:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

As Hamhead said, your best bet is Motorex, as I tried to get an FTO from Japan and there was no available crash info on it to make it safe for stateside driving even after I passed emissiosn.

I would have to buy THREE others and pay someone to crash test them all HOPING they passed and not wasting the investment, then when it comes to tarrifs/importing/customs etc I have to have I thought I found a loop hole where you can be a LICENSED holder for cars used for company promotions etc but found that the liscenced holder pays a bit to have it and it cannot pass through his hands to someone else without that liscence if I remember. Somehow I was unable to be the liscence holder and owner all at once nor have a licence holder sell it to me.

You could get it over here and they could very well cut your car in half before they will allow it outta holding, thus alot of people get them over here in pieces. You'd have better luck knowing someone over seas owning one to come over here for business allowed to take his car and they he sells it while in the states, their military can do that, yet we military cannot bring the non US car back when we come back without going through all this hassle.

There is a REAL GOOD reason why import sites say in the disclaimers etc IF YOUR IN THE U.S. PLEASE READ yadda yadda section. I had a guy in Seattle to get the car when it got over but with all the red tape I gave up.

My cuisin works in the New York docks and he says they steal people cars from over seas right off the boat, drive them for weeks while awaiting transport destroy perfectly nice cars when things don't work out for them and all kindsa stuff. He said it got real bad when they find out the cars are from arab people coming over and they bring BMW's, Hummer's, Audi's but the Italian exotics are real hard for them to touch.
Old 01-08-2006 | 07:43 PM

Now if you can find an older.. much older.. 20years older Skyline.. that is much easier to get into the states. There is a cut off on all cars 20 years after production ended that you can import them with almost no hassels regarding crash test worthiness.

The Lancia Delta Integrale is coming up on that 20 year limit. Canada has a 15 year limit and there are already a couple imported into the Vancouver area.